W11 installed

Over the last six months, @Concha pops up every few weeks (though to be fair, it was September the last time they appeared, with this doozy of a thread, though who can also forget this one or this one or this one or this one…) – I’m joking, but I agree it’s not funny that anybody should have trouble installing our software.

Just as @Concha is doomed to repeat the same complaints over and over again, I suppose I am doomed to repeat the same response. Steinberg Licensing is almost here, and I am confident that it will be orders of magnitude easier to handle for end users than the eLicenser. Dorico 4 will make better use of Steinberg Download Assistant, and will have a single “Install” button in SDA that will download and install everything you need – plus there will be separate entries for people updating from Dorico 3.5 and those who are installing for the first time, so you don’t need to download large content sets again that you already have.

I agree with all of the criticisms that our users have of the installation and activation process for our products. We are working hard to improve them. Steinberg Licensing is a huge step forwards in that regard. Steinberg Download Assistant is by no means perfect but Dorico 4 will make the best possible use of its current capabilities to hopefully make the installation and activation of Dorico 4 a lot closer to being something you simply don’t need to think about.

Progress is being made, but it takes time.

4 Likes