Want to buy an audio interface, need suggestions

I’ve been using ASIO4ALL all of these years and am finally looking into getting a real audio interface.

My current interface is built into my monitors, the Samson Studio GT. Note: These monitors have an RCA input in the back where I can hook up an interface.

I’m on Windows 10 x64, with an i7 3770 and 12 GB RAM (going to upgrade soon, though, as my mobo allows 32 GB RAM)

I need something in the $200-$220 or so range and uses USB. It also needs to be compatible with Cubase 8.5 Pro (to the best of your knowledge). I’m a bedroom producer so buying something that costs $500 is not a good idea for the time being.

I’ve actually had my eyes set on Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, which is perfect for my specifications (and it’s on sale right now at Sweetwater) since I use some outboard effects. Does anyone know if that’s compatible with Cubase?

Hi,

The Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 seems to have some very good reviews on the net and I don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t be compatible with Cubase 8.5. But just to be sure, check with Focusrite.

Good luck,

Mauri.