Waveforms different from audio files..

you mean you cant hear the sound of the clarinet??
i just downloaded it and it plays here :slight_smile:

I think W10 maybe doesn’t like MOV files. VLC plays it fine.

What I’m seeing is that Audio 01 is ok (?) but on Audio 02 the meter is active when there’s nothing showing on the waveform. Is Audio 02 supposed to come in when the waveform indicates? You don’t have the track details showing so I can’t check the only thing that comes to mind at present: is there an insane amount of Track Delay on that channel? I don’t mean an insert, I mean the setting in the track header (the top category). There’s a slider next to a Pan slider. You didn’t change the wrong one did you?

I’m off to bed now so I’ll see how you’re getting on in the morning… :slight_smile:

hey crotchety

you are right that oonly the left side has a problem, but the video is just an example they are a bunch of them on some of the tracks…

it is most definitely a visual thing as everything is playing along nicely, but some of the waveforms are way off as if the image file is coming from somewhere elsle than the audio…

peder

Beats me, I’m afraid. I think you may need to contact support. Someone needs to go digging around in your project and they can dial into you. Hope you sort it out :slight_smile:

Have you tried renaming the other project you copied the files from? I just wondered if it was linked somehow - just a stab int he dark

Did you copy or import files with identical file names? I ask because I had this behaviour recently when I imported several files all with the same name - in my case Cubase showed the correct waveform but played back the wrong file…

yes that may very well be the thing…
is there anyway to get cubase to reanalyze the waveforms??

I don’t know if that’s possible. i fixed t by re-importing the tracks having changed the file names in Finder. There were only a few of them, but that may not apply in your situation…

I wonder if this is a Cubase issue or OSX?

Any chance you had these tracks frozen at one time? I recall having an episode where frozen tracks later unfrozen landed me a bunch of problems once…

no they havent been frozen :slight_smile:

Hi,

Did you try to make the Back up of the project with new destination? Does this help?