Waveforms different from audio files..

I am on Cubase 8.04…

I have some audio tracks tht are playing correctly, but the graphic waveform is wrong.

How can i ask cubase to reanalyze the waveforms??

All the best

Peder

OSX

Hi,

Open the project folder, there is the Image subfolder. Delete this folder. Cubase will create the Images again.

i have tried this and nothing happens…

Weird…

Try to disable and enable Show Waveforms in the Preferences > Event display > Audio. But I would be surprised, if this help, to be honest.

You might have to re-open the project to force Cubase to re-create the Images…

I have tried this but since the files have been copied from another project it is as if the files get their graphic info from somewhere else that i cant figure out…
Any other ideas before I render the files…
Thanks
peder

Then I concur with Martin: weird…

What we’ve told you should have worked and if all you copied from the other project are the audio files then I don’t see where this somewhere else might be either.

So, next question: In what way are the waveforms “wrong”?

the show something quite different from what is playing…
the sound is correct, but the waveforms show transients that are wrong/off…
it makes it much harder to edit :slight_smile:

Could you make a back up of the project, might consolidate the files with new images.

Could it be that you have the events zoomed in too much? (assuming you’re talking about the display in the project window)

What happens if you try to render the file?

What happens if you import a file completely unrelated to either project? And perhaps of a different format too… What kind of files are you having trouble with, anyway (format, sample-rate and bit-depth - you never know…)?

Hey everyone…

All files are the same wav 24bit 48KHZ…

They are (according to the POOL) all place in the same folder…

It has nothing to do with zooming, the graphic Waveform is just very different from the sound playing thus making it near impossible to EDIT…

A render helps me out but some of the files are to complicated to sit and render one by one…

Any ideas

Peder

Probably not the case but I gotta ask now I’ve thought of it: it’s not a case of sync, is it? What kind of latency are you running?

Is it possible to post a short clip and associated screen shot? I’m having trouble understanding exactly what the problem is.

here’s a link to a small mov…
its the yellow waveforms as you can see one of them is way different from the sound, and a big part of the arrangement is made up of small parts that differs from the sound…
it is also as if the crossfades have audible clicks when the waveform is f–cked… as if it doesnt work then…
https://we.tl/EH3gdhq8rH

thaks for all your help,
peder

@peder : you should try this :
1- Close Cubse
2- Move the “Images” folder from your project to an other place
3- re-open your project. Cubase should re-create this folder with Waveforms

If you get errors, make sure you have your ‘Images’ folder ready to be back in place.

Let us know how this works.

thanks disky but i have allready tried that and it doesnt work…

Does “render in place” solve the issue ?

yes it does but i dont want to render all the files as some parts are quite complex hence this thread :slight_smile:
i just tried erasing the images folder again and i can see it creating a new folder but the waveforms are the same??

Can’t hear anything… anyone else?