WaveLab 10.0.30 update available

Dear Forum members,

We are pleased to announce the availability of the 10.0.30 maintenance update for WaveLab Pro, Elements and LE.

Besides some very important issue resolutions, this version includes several improvements and new functionality to different areas of the application.

As always this update is available for download from the Steinberg website and via the Steinberg Download Assistant.

For detailed information, please refer to the corresponding version history.

All the best,

It may be worthwhile to see if Flux Alchemist 3.7.0.xxxxx has issues for anyone. At times, it chokes Wavelab 10.0.30 (and a few previous versions, possibly 9.5), where Wavelab has trouble functioning. Even Wavalab metering becomes extremely slow. Minimize the Flux plugin, and everything is fast again. This olny happens with Wavelab so far. I suspect some type of video issue more than anything else, but seems to only happen here.

Flux Alchemist… what OS?

Running Windows 10. nVidia video. This is the only plugin brand with this problem, but it’s also only with Wavelab.

I would just like to take a moment to acknowledge the great improvement from Wavelab Elements version 10.0.20 to 10.0.30. In 10.0.20, I had dozens of crashes in an average session. With 10.0.30, I’ve not crashed once!

Thank you to the development team for your hard work and effort.

Best,

Scott

"In the “Naming Scheme” dialog, you can now add hours, minutes, seconds, day, month, year, and the Master Section preset name as naming scheme attributes. "
is it available for element too ?

WaveLab Elements has no naming scheme.

I think I found a possible extra clue. In Flux Alchemist settings, I can set the Display quality from 30 fps to 15 fps, and this seems to help. There’s just something between Wavelab Pro 10 and Flux where the FPS or display quality conflicts. The CPU doesn’t rise during the trouble, but Wavelab seems to struggle quite a bit and clicks/actions are very slow to respond.

I have no problem here with Flux Alchemist, even with their 60 fps settings.
I could imagine that your computer does not have a fast graphics card.

In 10.0.30 (build 116) I can not minimize WaveLab (by clicking on - in the right upper corner) when PlugIns are open. The whole Window blinks and stays open. When I close the PlugIns (but keep them loaded) I can minimize WaveLab. This was no problem in previous versions. It happens on all PlugIns, so it is not a PlugIn problem. Hope this will be fixed soon… Thanks

You’re testing this on Windows 10, correct? My card is the Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 Ti OC 4GB GDDR5 128 Bit PCI-E Graphic Card (GV-N105TOC-4GD) purchased in 2019. While I don’t recall the exact driver version, it was recently updated about 3 months ago. Anyway, I’ve moved on to the DMG Multiplicity, and I’m very happy with that.

the GUI of different 3th party plugs doesn’t load properly so went back to 10.0.20

I was seeing that some GUIs aren’t scaled properly, but after resetting the Display Settings back to 100% and then re-open Wavelab, it worked itself out. It’s a Windows issue, I feel, but I’m not totally certain.

I’m on a Mac so don’t know why this is happening al of the sudden

Monitor set to Scaled in System Prefs?

I was seeing that some GUIs aren’t scaled properly, but after resetting the Display Settings back to 100% and then re-open Wavelab, it worked itself out. It’s a Windows issue, I feel, but I’m not totally certain.

WaveLab 10.0.50 will have improved HDPI and scaling support.

Philippe

I bought a new 2020 (2018) 8th Gen 6Core i7 3.2Ghz mac-mini w/32Gigs RAM, and am running Wavelab 10. I’m seeing some really slow app responses and graphics in Wavelab. CPU of the mini is about 10%, but Wavelab is rather slow at times. Any tips on increasing the performance there? Scaling seems to have very minor impact.

Thanks!

read this: New Mac: CPU? Speed? RAM? optimize for WL - WaveLab - Steinberg Forums