WaveLab 10 Elements suddenly crashes on startup (macOS Catalina 10.15.7)

After many months my installation of WaveLab 10 Elements crashed on startup. This occurred following audits of 3rd party plugins for mastering. I exited to release files for utilisation in another application then returned to WaveLab.

Following numerous attempts, clearing cache etc. cold reboot, I reinstalled/updated with WaveLab_Elements_10.0.70_Installer_mac.dmg to no avail. I’m now considering uninstalling for a fresh install from an older image file that may be in my archives. I would be grateful for any advice. Many thanks…

Did you try deleting the entire preferences folder?

It can be found here:
/Users/username/Library/Preferences/WaveLab Elements 10.0

You can back it up first if you’d like to put back any presets etc.

1 Like

Hi @Justin_Perkins, I’ve searched for the path /Users/username/Library/Preferences/WaveLab Elements 10.0 as suggested, but without success. It may be hidden?!

Yes. Apple hides the library by default but there a numbers videos and pages that show you how to reveal it.

1 Like

Indeed. It was hidden and I’ve now safely backed up the folder and contents from 2020 in some instances.

Much appreciation for your assistance @Justin_Perkins :+1:. I conducted a clean uninstall of WaveLab 10 Elements and manually deleted the path and contents /Users/username/Library/Preferences/WaveLab Elements 10.0.

The fresh install (utilising WaveLab_Elements_10.0.70_Installer_mac.dmg) was successful, with the loading process of VST and VST3 files (indicated by the tumbling WaveLab icons in the dock). Many thanks…

1 Like