Wavelab 10 Multitrack File Handling

I believe Wavelab 10 may handle multichannel audio. I quite regularly get 6 track live recordings that I need chop up into individual songs. This seem like a simple request on the face of it but it’s a chore to do in Protools or Cubase. Will Wavelab 10 be able to do a save as for parts of multitrack audio.

I only use WL’s full capabilities for stereo files and the above is simply dividing and maybe error checking prior to importing to a daw.

+1 :slight_smile:

regards S-EH

You can already import a 6-channel file (assumed to be 5.1 format), which will be split up into separate files in the montage and can be edited there as a group, though somewhat tediously - using the Alt key to make some actions operate on all selected clips. Functions only available in edit view you cannot use, of course. You can then render into 6-channel files again, split up into songs if you like.

Although you can even now render montages with other numbers of channels into multi-channel files, you can still only import 6-channel ones (which is a big limitation for me, as I work entirely with 4-channel files). I am hoping (following some hints) that this anomaly has not been addressed because true multi-channel file handling and editing really is just over the horizon at long last. It is reasonable to assume that the capability of writing multichannel files from parts of a montage which already exists will not be lost in WL10.