Wavelab 10 video track

I have been waiting for this feature to be brought back into WL. Thank you PG.
If you have multi track audio embedded into the video file will WL 10 extract it when video is placed on a track?

If you have multi track audio embedded into the video file will WL 10 extract it when video is placed on a track?

Yes

This may be obvious, but I’m still uncertain after watching the videos and reading the What’s New page: I can edit the audio of a (multi-track) video and save it back to a video?

You can’t save a video from WaveLab. To merge the video and audio, you need another application.
However this is a feature which is planned.

Hi!
I am experimenting with the video track in WL11. I am a bit confused with the video clip “trimming” function. I was expecting that trimming the clip in the video track would produce a rendered file of shorter duration of video+audio, without the trimmed sections. However, it renders the whole video and it trims only the audio. Is this the way supposed to be?
Thanks
Kostas

Yes, so far the video part is limited.

Thanks PG!
I was hoping that some kind of basic “splitting” function (with no re-encoding) was already implemented in WL.
I am working on the audio of one of my classical guitar recitals. It would be very handy if I could export the clip of each piece from wavelab. Generally speaking, for us classical musicians that audio is the main part of a music clip, it would be usefull to export a clip from wl ready for youtube. Some basic fade in - fade out video feature plus the ability to export the clip would be enough I think. Of course, some more features (e.g. start and end titles) would be more than welcome but I understand that means re encoding.
To summarize, it is always boring to have to use a dedicated video editor for just a simple live-recording video clip. If wl would do that in the future, would be very nice.
Regards
Kostas

1 Like