WaveLAB 7.2.1 unattended setup

I’m trying to create an unattended setup for Wavelab 7.2.1 for usage with Microsoft SCCM to be able to deploy wavelab to multiple Windows 7 64-bit computers fully automatically at my work at Luleå technical university (Sweden).

I basically have it covered but have some question if it’s possible to supply some switched or variables to the wavelab setup as the -s parameter will install Wavelab silently but you get no shortcuts. Shortcuts are simple to add in the script but will probably not be removed then eventually running the uninstaller for a later upgrade.

All files are from the wavelab_pro_win_patcher_7.2.1.600.exe file.

This is my installation script:

::Add the Stenberg certificate to cert store and install latest eLicenser drivers
certutil -addstore TrustedPublisher “%~dp0Steinberg.cer”
“%~dp0eLicenserControlSetup.exe” /S

::Install Steinberg Upload Manager
“%~dp0UploadmanagerSetup.exe”

::Install Wavelab 7.2 32-bit
“%~dp0Setup.exe” -s

::Install Wavelab 7.2 64-bit
“%~dp0Setup64.exe” -s

1. This should be:

“%~dp0UploadmanagerSetup.exe” ALLUSERS=0
or
“%~dp0UploadmanagerSetup.exe” ALLUSERS=1

1. And there is also this to install, for CD drives:
    Driver updates - GEAR Software

2. For WaveLab setup, to avoid the creation of shortcuts, you could try this:

“%~dp0Setup.exe” -s -var:“CreateStartMenuShortcut=0” -var:“CreateDesktopShortcut%=0”

Philippe

Thanks alot.

I ended up with this script in the end. With a little help of google I found the missing variable (all users) I needed and found out by trial and error that there sould be no % in the variables. Next step is to verify that it still works then installed by the SCCM server.

::Add the Stenberg certificate to cert store and install latest eLicenser drivers
certutil -addstore TrustedPublisher “%~dp0Steinberg.cer”
“%~dp0eLicenserControlSetup.exe” /S

::Install Steinberg Upload Manager
“%~dp0UploadmanagerSetup.exe” ALLUSERS=1

::Install Gear CD/DVD Drivers (msi extraxted from Driver_Installer_x86_x64.exe)
msiexec /i “%~dp0{E26BE565-2EEF-47C0-B052-B91D6B93C8CC}.msi” /q

::Install Wavelab 7.2.1 32-bit
“%~dp0Setup.exe” -s -var:“CreateStartMenuShortcut=1” -var:“CreateShortcutsForAll=1”

::Install Wavelab 7.2.1 64-bit
“%~dp0Setup64.exe” -s -var:“CreateStartMenuShortcut=1” -var:“CreateShortcutsForAll=1”