Wavelab 7 - Cannot open Wave Device

Hi Again!

Hope everyone is well…

Using Wavelab 7 in MAC High Sierra 10.13 and a iConnectivity iConnect Audio4+ soundcard…

Unable to record and a pop up message appears…

Hope someone can help…

Thanks…

I’ve seen that error message asked a lot here, but no universal solution except to disconnect the interface and restart computer, open Wavelab and play through internal, then re-connect interface and restart computer, switch back to the external interface in Options Audio Streaming Settings, and toggle settings in the interface control panel for internal/auto clock and sample rate settings, and file format sample rate in the Record Window. And update to the latest iConnect interface software and/or firmware.

But it would probably be a good idea to disconnect the interface and try to record with the computer built in microphone or line-in first to see if that works (even with no input) without the error message. I don’t think High Sierra is fully supported in even Wavelab 9 yet, but getting it to record with the computer built-in audio would probably be a good sign for the Wavelab 7.

edit: sorry I guess it is 10.14 not fully supported on Wavelab 9 yet.

Hi bob99,

Thank you for your lengthy response!

Greatly appreciated!

Downloaded the Wavelab Elements 9.5 demo and everything is working fine…

The recording levels are all in the green and fluctuating…

My iConnectivity iConnect Audio4+ inputs work fine in Cubase 8.5 and Ableton 10 also…