WaveLab 8.5 crashes with Fabfilter Q 2

PG, FabFilter says this is because these two VST2 plugins (Pro-Q2 and Pro-MB) have side-chain, and Wavelab isn’t connecting to the sc inputs when using them as ciip plugins. They say Steinberg should fix it, but you say they should fix it because it’s side-chain in a VST2 plugin and side-chain is not supported in VST2.4, so it’s up to them to fix if they’re going to use an unsupported function in a VST2 plugin? Is that correct?

The fix is just to use the VST3 versions of the plugins, but I guess this VST2 use would be for legacy project recall, so the VST2 crash should probably be fixed by someone?

EDIT: according to FabFilter, sidechain is supported in VST2.4. Sorry for saying otherwise.

The fix is just to use the VST3 versions of the plugins, but I guess this VST2 use would be for legacy project recall, so the VST2 crash should probably be fixed by someone?

This is right. This is on my todo list for long (this is a very specialized case).

According to FabFilter, sidechain is supported in VST2.4. Sorry for saying otherwise. Apparently I found some wrong information that said that sidechain wasn’t supported in VST 2.4.