Wavelab 9 crashes when browse folder

I don’t know. But what I know, is that with a WaveLab 10 license, you can run WaveLab 9.5 too.

What I can tell you is that I purchased an activation code with this 50% compatibility discount and it does not work, i.e. will not upgrade my 9.5 license. Steinberg support have not yet responded to the support ticket I logged ten days ago.

1 Like

Wait, 9.5 users can use the coupon too? But their software still works! Version 9 is the one that’s broken and not getting fixed, so to remedy the situation Steinberg gives all 9.x users a coupon for the latest version? And what’s worse - 9.5 users get to spend $25 less on the upgrade than v9 users! Their version still works! I just want a working version of Wavelab like I already paid for, and I assumed product support was included in the original price. I didn’t realize that support can just suddenly be revoked like that - usually, they give you some advanced notice. I really need to start reading those EULAs during installation, I guess.

Anyone can use the coupon (discount code) if you follow the link in the news item. The problem is, there is confusion about which versions are (a) affected and (b) eligible for the upgrade. In my case, I understood that my 9.5 was eligible, and indeed the activation code is accepted by the eLCC and the upgrade begins, but then fails claiming a “communication” error, which there clearly is not, because I can run the eLicenser maintenance and sync operations. Same from 3 different computers.

So right now, yes, I was able to purchase an upgrade using the “compatibility” discount code, but I didn’t get anything usable for my money, and Steinberg official support is missing in action, so I’m not able to clarify the situation – is the information in the news item announcement incorrect? It is at minimum ambiguous.

1 Like

Hey Sound man according to the moderator we are the only ones with issues with wavelab so we are not important enough for them to help us ! I just think people are not Reporting the issues in this forums yet! I will continue to monitor this but I Can’t afford to spend 3 months waiting for Support to help. Ps PEOPLE DONT UPGRADE WAIT TILL THEY FIX WAVELAB 10 DOEST NOT WORK AS ADVERTISED ON WINDOWS.

1 Like

That is simply not true. WaveLab 10 works fine on Windows 10, including 20H2. My (several) other machines all run WaveLab 10 (Pro and Elements) on Windows 10 20H2 without issue.

My problem was a different one, and this has now been clarified by Steinberg support. The discounted “compatibility” upgrade offer is for WaveLab 9.0 and will not work with 9.5, problem solved as far as I’m concerned.

Nop it still doesnt work for me and still no help from steinberg .! Just curios ! create a montage project drag in some files, create a cd project now go to the matadata and on the window for the mp3 file try to import a picture from your desktop
Let me know if that works for you please. Thanks

STILL NO RESOLUTION TO WAVELAB 10.0.06 ! And please don’t ask what the problem is Read the posts. IGNORING THE ISSUES ARE NOT GOING TO FIX THIS SOFTWARE. ! HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO USE WAVELAB SINSE DECEMBER OF LAST YEAR!

1 Like

@js4sabdig Please provide more material to reproduce your problem. Your report is the single one I have seen of this kind for WaveLab 10, and I can’t reproduce it.
The best would be a video and a crash log. And if necessary a file, if this only happens with certain files.

How do i send it to you? I have sent videos and dump files to steinberg support already twise!!.

@js4sabdig Send me a private message. Hurry up, because 10.0.70 is soon finished.

Lol thats funny!

UPDATE Still UN REOLVED ! Same issue on 2 diferent computers .Steinberg support . Still no help. Unable to used all of wavelab 10.0.60 Since December !

I have proposed you to send me data through a private message.
You answered “lol that’s funny”,… and I have never received any message from you.
And 2 weeks later, now, you are back complaining again… I don’t understand your way.
WaveLab 10.0.70 is now going to be released and your problem could not be considered, because of a lack of accurate input from you.
I will now close this non-constructive thread and remove your similar possible non-constructive messages.