Wavelab and Motu soundcard, problems....

Hi, I’m new and I’m using the google translator, you’ll forgive me.

the question is that I recently acquired the wavelab 10 license. I use motu ultralite mk4 as a sound card and I cannot make it work with wavelab 10. I have downloaded wavelab 9.5 from your website and with this version everything works correctly for me. it is very rare that in 9.5 it works but in 10 it does not.
I suppose that in the next updates you will solve it.

my question is: if I have bought the 10 license, can I still use 9.5? In the e-licenser version 9.5 does not come out and I do not know if it is limited or is a trial version. I need it to be active as 10. You will tell me.

the other question is:
What is the recording time limit of Wavelab 9.5? normally when I record audio they are music sessions of 6 or 8 hours. with the elements I am going well or do I need the pro?

Thanks for everything and rest while waiting for your news. a cordial greeting.

I use motu ultralite mk4 as a sound card and I cannot make it work with wavelab 10.

Did you try with WaveLab 10.0.40?

if I have bought the 10 license, can I still use 9.5?

Yes

What is the recording time limit of Wavelab 9.5? normally when I record audio they are music sessions of 6 or 8 hours. with the elements I am going well or do I need the pro?

Only WaveLab Pro (9.5 / 10) can record such long files, thanks to the RF64 option.

Are you on Mac or PC? I can’t speak for PC but on Mac, I had a MOTU 8D sound card for a brief moment and I had to make an Aggregate Audio Device in the MacOS Audio MIDI Setup app, add the MOTU to that, and then choose the Aggregate Audio Device in WaveLab for it to work. WaveLab and the MOTU did not get along directly.

I had the same problem with another interface (Grace m905) but they just sent me a firmware update for the interface that fixes it.

Did you try with WaveLab 10.0.40?

yes i have this version installed.

Only WaveLab Pro (9.5 / 10) can record such long files, thanks to the RF64 option

Well, I wanted to record for many hours, what is the time limit for the elements?

Are you on Mac or PC?

mac OS Catalina

I had the same problem with another interface (Grace m905) but they just sent me a firmware update for the interface that fixes it.

I have the ultralite motu to the latest firmware version

I already tell you that with elements 9.5 I have no problem, it only happens to me with 10. all that is very rare.

Well, I wanted to record for many hours, what is the time limit for the elements?

For mp3 there is no limit.
For Wav, it is 2 GB as size, hence depends on sample rate and bitt depth, eg. 3 hours at stereo 16 bit 44.1kHz

For mp3 there is no limit.
For Wav, it is 2 GB as size, hence depends on sample rate and bitt depth, eg. 3 hours at stereo 16 bit 44.1kHz

ok, thank you.

Strictly the limit for WAV format is 4GB. However, in the early days many programs handled some of the values in the headers as signed when they should have been unsigned, thus reducing their range by a half. As a result, although some programs can correctly handle the 4GB file size (e.g. Adobe Audition), others either do not, or refuse to admit that they could, in the cause of compatibility. This is unlikely to change at this point in time!

Paul

thanks for the info.