Wavelab Cast : DeNoiser : Learn option for room noise?

Hi,
My Yeti microphone is recording the fan noise of my eGPU (try many hardware setup)
And the Wavelab Cast DeNoiser didn’t remove the noise until 50% but that also kill the audio quality.

Is there an option in Wavelab Cast, to learn the ambiant noise like it is in the documenation of wavelab element. Or any other workaround ?

I use WaveLab Cast, but I’ve never used the integrated denoiser, which I assume isn’t that terrific. Don’t know if WL Cast supports VST2 or not, but you might want to try the ReaPlugs denoiser (Reaper DAW site) which is free and not bad.

Hum, the point of WaveLab Cast is to avoid too many tools. I can also use a denoise filter from Audacity but this is strange I just can’t learn and remove the ambiant room sound.

Well, it’s up to to you, of course…

I had the same issue.
You can use additional paid plugin for that.
Waves NS1. This plugin will remove noise.
Computer fan noise and etc.
If you do not want to buy it you can still use Internal Wavelab Cast plugin.
Which is called - Gate plugin

Thank you!

Sorry, but the “Learn” function is currently only available in the full RestoreRig plug-in included with Wavelab Elements and Wavelab Pro.

From my understanding, the DeNoiser module in Wavelab Cast tries to provide quick, decent “generalist” results for voice recordings. If it’s under-performing for you, don’t hesitate to post your feedback.

That said, if your mic is basically next to a fan, that might be too extreme an usecase for the DeNoiser module by itself.