WAVELAB Elements 10 - Windows 11 - Security Settings - Core Isolation - GEARAspiWDM.sys

Hi there,

recently I had to build my new desktop computer with all Steinberg Cubase 12 Pro and Native Instrument Software.
The installation of Native Soft- or Plug-In’s needet to turn off a security setting (Core Isolation) in Windows 11. Before that I installed all Steinberg related Cubase 12 and also Wavelab Elements 10 software.
After all Native Instruments installation I tried to reactivate the Windows 11 Core Isolation again but it failed due to a incompatible Driver named “GEARAspiWDM.sys”.
GEAR Software is used to create virtual CD/DVD Drives and was installed within STEINBERG WAVELAB Elements 10 Installation without showing in Windows Settings as a installed Software.

To make a proof i just deinstalled Wavelab 10, rebooted the system and try to turn Core Isolation in Windows 11 again on and it works without failure.

So it seems Wavelab Elements 10 brings third party software from GEAR that uses incompatible drivers for WIN 11 security settings and won’t show in the list of installed software.

Question still is: How to get Wavelab running without this GEARAspiWDM.sys stuff?

Greets

Joshua

Use this uninstaller:
http://www.gearsoftware.com/downloads.php?dir=freebies/&file=GEARAspi_Remover.exe

Hello PG1,

thank you for the information, will WAVELAB work without this CD/DVD stuff ?

Joshua

Yes, it will

Again thank you PG1!
So I will re-install WAVELAB again and remove this CD/DVD driver thing with the GEAR ASPI REMOVER.

Thanks,

Joshua

BUT, is it still possible to create DDP images without that Gear driver? I have the same issue under Win11, but from what I’ve heard the GEARAspiWDM.sys is used for this exact purpose… Have you tried yet?

Best,
Sven

Of course yes.

Great, thank you!