WaveLab Elements 9.5 upgrade from WL Elements 7 - trouble

Hi friends,

I recently bought WaveLab Elements 9.5 Update from WaveLab Elements 7. I installed it. When opening and trying to activate, (using my USB e-licenser) computer says: no license to upgrade found. Not on USB dongle, not on soft e-licenser.
However, Wavelab Elements 7 worked well here for many years.
How can I activate the 9.5 upgrade?

I asked Steinberg support, but they turned out to be an awful service!
Can anybody else help me?

Does it have anything to do with macOS Mojave 10.14.5, I updated a few months ago?

Thanks a lot!

Jan

Is WaveLab 7 still running fine on the machine?

No, not anymore!
I get this screen (attachment)
since

• I installed the upgrade to Wavelab Elements 9.5
  • or maybe even a few weeks earlier, when I updated my computer to macOS Mojave 10.14.5 (which I had to do, to update Cubase from 8.5 to 10)

Can it be related to updating version or updating OS?

Please insist on the Steinberg support side, because for this kind of topic, they should provide a solution.

Hi Philippe,
Steinberg support is a huge disillusion to me.
I stead of helping me, they accuse me of not being the legal owner of the WaveLab 7. Which I certainly am, I bought it new in a box with DVD and registered on e-soft Licenser.
They are pretending that my personal activation code (of the Wavelab I used for many years) has been registered on a USB dongle in America in 2011.
And can therefore not be upgraded without that dongle.
This is really unbelievable.
In that case, how could I have used it (in Belgium) for so many years, without that “American dongle”?
This story is becoming more and more a farce comedy…
I don’t know how to proceed.

they accuse me of not being the legal owner of the WaveLab 7

You must have met by change the wrong person. This is why I recommend you to ask again, with the hope to reach another person. At my level, I can’t do anything.