Wavelab export location

Wavelab 12 seems to want to store the exported files in a location of its own liking. I would like it to remember the location that I have set previously (just a straight file path to a folder on an external drive without any extra features). Can the suggested file location be adjusted somewhere in Wavelab settings?

You can adjust the storage locations here:
In the Audioeditor go to: File → Preferences → Folders
There are many options to adjust; you may need ‘Audio File - Save Folder’ or ‘Audio Montage - Save Folder’. I would go through all the settings.

1 Like

In addition to what @Stefano7 said, there are also the following useful options, which make WaveLab more capable than ever of controlling render locations.

2 Likes

@PG1 I just noticed that when I set the storage location ‘Select Destination Folder…’, ‘keep independent Folder…’ is activated, but if I don’t click ‘Start,’ so the file isn’t rendered and I close WL and restart it, then the setting isn’t saved. It’s only saved if you render as well. Is this intentional? Wouldn’t it be useful to be able to set it permanently if you always want to render to the same folder?

You can access these settings through the ‘Render’ switch in the Master Section, but also through File → Export. If you set it via Export, you probably won’t render immediately, and then it won’t be saved when you exit WL.

You are right. This is not intentional. I never use this Export UI, I must say, hence it is less tested.

1 Like

Thanks for the pointers. Thought that there must be options for this. As hobbyist I am mostly working in the indepent file view and use the File…Export mostly.

1 Like