Wavelab has problem with more than two FAB Filter plugins

I have a very fast gaming computer MB https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K23BUJK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1with a high end graphics card, 20 gigs of memory and all SSD drives. I have never had any problems with running three FAB filter plugins. I am running Windows 7 64 bit Pro. Yesterday I was trying to do some mastering for a client and I could not put three FAB Filter VST3 plugins in the edit window without the machine shuddering and crashing and stopping play. I looked at all the usual suspect but so far no luck Any ideas would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.

I am running WL 9.5.5.

What is the resolution of the audio files? 96kHz? Can’t get Wavelab to work properly with 96kHz files and a few plugins…48kHz works great and I can use many instances of hungry plugins. As it is a capable computer.

I just put 3 FabFilter plugins on a clip in a 96k montage and there were no issues. I’m on WL 9.5.50 and the very latest FF update from a few weeks ago.

That being said, in the last year or two I’ve noticed poor performance trying to mastering all “in the box” in WaveLab although there may have been an improvement with the last WL update or two, slightly.

It wasn’t something I noticed easily because usually by the time I bring files into WaveLab, they are already nearly done and ready to go, so I wasn’t doing any heavy lifting using plugins in WaveLab in most cases.

I work at 96kHz practically all the time and typically use notoriously high CPU load plugs (admittedly only say three at a time). The only time WL has ever displayed the behavior described is with certain VST2 versions of a couple of plugs (notably Sonnox). VST3 versions are faultless.

Whilst I don’t use Fab Filter plugs often, I own a couple and just loaded them up to try and replicate the issue. Played fine.

Could it be related to the use of Windows 7 against Windows 10?

My files were 44.1 and 24 bit. I cleared out most of my start up items with just the ones for my sound card and a couple of Microsoft startup items left (I could not find out what they did so I left them alone) Still having problems. This just started after I upgraded to WL 9.5.5. Not sure what is causing it. I will keep looking. Thanks for all the help and suggestions so far.

If you haven’t already done so, it is worth checking your RME soundcard buffer settings. It is possible for these to change following a Windoze update for example.

I thought I had this licked but no go. Still having crashing problems with using more than three VST3 Fab Filter plugins. This all started when I upgraded to 9.5.5! Is there something that was changed in regards to plugins between the last update and this one? Thanks in advance.