WaveLab Pro 9.5 won't open in OS 10.13.6

Hi, I’ve been using WL Pro 9.5 for a while and today it won’t open even most recent project from last week. Keeps crashing upon opening. I’ve updated some plugs (Slate- but not all), rebooted many times, updated OS 10.13.6 with it’s recommended updates… still crashing. Can’t create a new project either. Any help would be amazing - thank you!
– Chris (Basecamp Recording, Bzn, MT USA)

Try erasing the preferences:
/Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/WaveLab Pro 9.5/Preferences/

Good Evening! I’m having the same problem. The software use to work brilliantly but now it just won’t open. It attempts to open then suddenly crashes. I have open a ticket with Steinberg USA and I tried what they told me however, it didn’t work. Is there a Fix action for this annoying problem.?

Thank you

Ronald

I would delete the entire preferences folder and also update the eLicenser application to the latest version and run the maintenance within the app too.

And for good measure, it never hurts to put the USB dongle in a different port and/or simply unplug it and plug in back in.

1 Like

Thanks Justin! I have done all those things and it still I won’t open. I also sent screen shots to Steinberg USA. This is a Great program when it works. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software and I get the same results.

Where is the presence folder on an iMac. I did a search and nothing was found.

I mean the preferences folder. Where can I find that?

It’s kind of hidden in the Library. You can expose it by choosing “Open Setting Folder” in the WaveLab Preferences area.

There is more info in this video: