WAVELAB PRO 9

I can not download and open the Wavelab Pro 9 program which I purchased several weeks ago. I have the USB license registered in MY PRODUCTS and the eLicenser control center. I have downloaded the WaveLab Pro 9 Installer_win several times and that downloads. when I go to open it, it asks what program do I want to open it with.
I have WaveLab 8.04 running o.k.
Anyone any ideas what I might do to get the program installed and operating.
I have no other apparent problems with my system.
Is there some other website where I can download the program ?

Thx.

What OS are you using, and did you download the correct installer for your OS? For example, for Windows the downloaded file should be called “WaveLab_Pro_9_Installer_win.exe”.

Hi, I have Windows 7 Pro, SP1, i7, 12 GB’s ram, 64 bit. I did download the windows installer, but I’m guessing that did not download correctly, I still have a previous installer in my downloads and the new one is not displaying the same logo.

thx for the reply

Perhaps temporarily disable any anti-virus software you are using while downloading the installer?

That’s great advice … Bitdefender did not not like the installer here.

I’m having this same issue, no virus program installed, and I’ve downloaded the installer several times and each time I try to open it, it asks me what program I want to open it with. Has anyone got this to work? Take care, Logan

The installer that you download from your My Steinberg account should be called “WaveLab_Pro_9_installer_win.exe”, which is an executable file. If you don’t have that then either some part of your download process has mangled it or your Windows installation has a problem … Windows will never ask what you want to open an executable file with, it will just run it.

Well that’s what I figured, but I’ve downloaded the file several times and it still won’t be seen as an executable file. Never had a problem with any other installer ever and the system seems rock solid. Everything else is running fine. I’m up against a deadline so no time to reinstall windows and have to go through all those updates from my original win 7 disc. The file also does not save in my downloads folder even when I ask windows to save it. Back to WL8 for now I guess. Thanks for the reply, Take care, Logan

Are your downloading the correct installer for your OS? Your sig says Windows … are you sure you haven’t clicked on the Mac installer by mistake?

Sometimes the browser used can make a difference… Some browsers change .exe into something else to ‘protect’ users from installing malware.

I definitely downloaded the right installer but the file was not correct. It finally saved and it is listed as Wavelab_Pro_9_installer_win There is no .exe on the end. I think the file is corrupt on the server. I’ve tried to download it several times and it never has the .exe. Take care, Logan

I only have IE on the DAW. I don’t want a bunch of stuff on it and I’m hardly ever on line with it. I’ve never had any problem with downloading exe files before. I installed several slate updates just before trying to download the WL9 installer. Take care, Logan

Logan, it works fine with Firefox on Windows 10, downloading the installer from MySteinberg account. I’ve tried with and without “hide file extensions” selected in Folder Options. Both times the installer downloads and can start to install fine. Are you hiding file extensions in Folder Options? That’s the default in Windows 10 (and 7 I believe), and would account for the missing .exe, although not the failure to run of course. Also are you downloading from MySteinberg (which works fine here), not an email link or something?

I don’t really have time to try this on Windows 7 with Internet Explorer, but maybe someone from Steinberg could. I

t seems extreme to reinstall Windows if all other downloads work fine. There must be an easier way to resolve this.

I only have IE on the DAW. I don’t want a bunch of stuff on it and I’m hardly ever on line with it. I’ve never had any problem with downloading exe files before. I installed several slate updates just before trying to download the WL9 installer. Take care, Logan

This might be of some use: Steinberg Forums

Jim