WaveLab Pro Trial + Cannot save files + Batch time-stretch .mp3

Hello there,

I’m very new to the software, so I might be missing some things for that reason!
I run into a view problems. Before reading further, briefly a summary:

• trial 9.5 elements doesn’t allow me to save.
  • trial 9 pro doesn’t allow me to download.
  • not even sure whether I need the 9 pro, or need the software at all: I need to batch process like 1000+ 320 .mp3 files from 118-127 BPM to 128 BPM in batch (don’t ask me why I would want to do that please). Is this even possible? And if so, how exactly, since YouTube / Google doesn’t show any tutorial on how to do this exactly.

First I downloaded the WaveLab Elements 9.5 Trial, installed+opened successfully, timestretched a record, saved it to a location. Everything went fine. After the 3rd save, I wasn’t able to save anything anymore. Closed and opened the software a couple of times, and whenever I load any .wav or .mp3 in it and without editing at all, I am not able to save a copy to any directory. The only info it gives is:

“C:\855bdcc168104275259554fe81f8f637-536080.$$$
An error occurred. This file could not be created.”

So I thought, since I need the Pro version anyway, since I want to try to timestretch 1000+ files in batch, let’s download the Pro trial.
I requested a link, and this is the mail I got 1 minute after:

"We’re happy to hear that you want to try WaveLab Pro 9 Trial Version for Windows for a limited time. Have fun!

To start downloading the installer, please click here: https://shop.steinberg.net/cgi-bin/dlreg?t=99vvdqdA4oGl5zVsG5cD&k=112197146

If no activation code is provided here, you can run your trial version without activation right after the installation.

[trial activation code removed]

Otherwise, please enter the activation code in the program eLicenser Control Center to activate the trial version.

For more information on product activation, please click here:
http://www.steinberg.net/en/support/productactivation.html

This trial version of WaveLab Pro 9 runs for 30 days, and offers the same functionality as the retail version.

WaveLab Pro 9 is the industry-standard production environment for mastering, audio editing and restoration, perfectly tailored to meet the demands of today’s professionals.

Find out more:" Etc.

Link1:
“An error occurred while processing your request.
Reference #132.4d8e7b5c.1526611102.361c5051”

Well then, let’s find out more, by clicking on the second link:
“The page cannot be found (404 Error)
We are sorry, but the page you are looking for cannot be found. The requested page may have been deleted, moved or the name could have been changed.”

How to run the trial and save files?
And since the main purpose is batch time-stretching tracks in high quality, am I here to the right place? But before I buy, I want to test whether it does what I want.

I run with x64bit version of Windows 10, 16GB RAM, i7, etc. should be fine.

Kind regards,
Igor

So whatever program you use to do this has to analyze the files first to determine their current BPM between 118 and 127? I don’t think Wavelab can do that.

Or if the BPM is already in the metadata of the MP3 files, I don’t think Wavelab can do it that way either, unless it’s something I’ve missed in the timestretch function.

Thanks for the fast reply!

So in case I select beforehand all the 118 tracks, then after the 119 tracks, etc. Is it still possible to run the same ‘timestretch preset’ functionality over all these files at once, with the batch function in WaveLab? Since that would only require me to do it only 10 times, instead of 1000 :wink:

Cheers,
Igor

That’s a great idea. I hadn’t even thought of that. Don’t know why it wouldn’t work.

The quality going from and to MP3 is another issue, but at least you’d have the tempo you want. You don’t have access to wav sources?