Wavelab the active audio device connections do not allow to play all audio channels?

This is driving me crazy. I am using 2 tracks in Audio Montage. Whenever I press play, I get a pop up window saying, “Wavelab the active audio device connections do not allow to play all audio channels.” My audio cards are showing up in Audio Connections, I just keep getting this window when I hit play. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Apparently, you have not assigned 2 audio ports in the playback audio connection dialog.
Show me a screen shot of this dialog.

Here are the screenshots:

Since your settings are correct, I think your audio montage is set to play more than 2 channels.

Do you see this with yout montage?
2020-02-24_08-57-50.png
Try to open a simple stereo file: does it play or do you get the message?

That was the solution. Thank You So Much, PG. :smiley:

I have a simple Stereo output. All others in Preferences>audio connections>audio device, are unused. As shown in the attachment, my master is on track 1, track 2 is blank, and tracks 3 and 4 are reference tracks. Audio Montage Properties shows Multichannel (free)

When I open this saved montage, the master section shows 2 stereo tracks. But when I press play, I get 8 tracks and the Incomplete Audio Device Connections window.

If I click “don’t show this message again” everything works as intended, however I don’t want to see the 8 channel sliders as it’s wasted space. If I narrow the Master Section Window to see only 2 main stereo tracks, then I won’t be able to see the stereo meters.

Is there a way to configure or make the Master Section Window only show the 2 stereo tracks plus the stereo meter without the other 6 channels that are just wasting space?

Is there a way to configure or make the Master Section Window only show the 2 stereo tracks plus the stereo meter without the other 6 channels that are just wasting space?

Yes very good question

if many channels (8) only show 2 ch
mix 8 to 2 channels !?
master= 2 ch only

regards S-EH

Why do you choose Multichannel (free) as montage configuration if you only need stereo output?

Philippe

There’s some confusion here. In any montage you can mix down as many source channels as you like, by having them on separate tracks. The number of channels you can mix them down to, and for which meters are shown, is defined by the selected output channel layout of the montage. Each track can be steered to whichever montage output is required by the routing dialogue.

Paul

Maybe the confusion arises because AFAIK the default for a new montage is multi-channel and not stereo. I fell into this trap a couple of times too…

I didn’t deliberately choose multichannel (free).

UPDATE: (Arjan P you got me thinking…thanks)

I just discovered the problem. Creating a fresh new montage in WL10 there is no issue. ArjanP, I don’t see any default to Multichannel(free) here on my end. New>audio montage>custom gives Stereo 44.1.

However I had opened a montage that was created in WL9.5, got the little warning to never go back, and then opening this Montage in WL10 that was created in WL9.5, for whatever reason, it created the Multichannel (free) instead of Stereo out. That’s strange because to my knowledge, I have never used anything but Stereo out in prior WL versions.

Anyway it is solved, and thank you PG and ArjanP.

Maybe that was the trap I was referring to, I wasn’t sure… Anyway, good it’s solved!