Waves Abbey Road plug-ins high CPU Usage

hi, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move it to the correct one.

I’ve recently bought Waves Abbey Road Chambers Reverb, AR Plate Reverb & AR TG Mastering Suite. I know they’re CPU hogs but I can’t get Chambers & Plate to work at the same time at all without the CPU usage going mental!!! I’ve tried Constrain Delay Compensation, Audio Buffer on Largest, bouncing VSTis down to audio, optimizing windows for audio, turned off wifi, you name it. The average load is going into the red yet the real-time peak is almost zero & disk is not even registering. I really hope that this is a schoolboy error on my part as although the plug-ins aren’t essential & I could use one at a time bouncing down as a workaround but it’s a bit of a pain. Even though my PC is about 5-6 years old the specs should be capable of handling 2 reverbs shouldn’t they? I haven’t had problems with multiple instances of Reverence (as inserts as well as sends). I’m only trying the Abbey Road reverbs as sends to try & minimize CPU usage but no luck. Things that were showing up as causing a lot of latency were tracks with Pitch Correct but even disabling those & getting the latency right down it’s still maxing out the average load

I’m using:

Cubase 10 Pro,
Windows 7 Pro,
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 Motherboard,
AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.00Ghz
24GB RAM (3 x 8GB GSkill Ripjaws)
250GB SSD,
Edirol FA-66 Firewire
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 Motherboard
AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor 4.00Ghz
Chipset: AMD 990FX

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated as it’s been doing my head in!!!

I’m having the same problem on my mac after the cubase pro 10.0.3 update. Don’t know if it’s a steinberg thing or waves thing. Have to instances of the abbey roads plate and can’t even play back my track.

I’ve always had this problem, what i do now is just have 2 instances running or the cpu goes into overload.

The same exact issue here: each consumes 1/3 to 1/2 of the real CPU power, and it’s almost impossible to use them… “normally” (always had the same issue, now I’m on PRO 12 nothing changed)

I found a workaround here: I select the single plugins in the VST Plugin Manager and I deactivate the ASIO-Guard feature for them, this way it seems the CPU can handle them way better…

1 Like