Waves Plugins Blacklisted

They weren’t blacklisted before I rebuilt my computer and had to reload everything, but they are now. Any idea what the problem is?

Looks like they are the 32bit plugins, judging by the path, which Cubase no longer supports.

Check in Cubases VST manager. The 64bit should show up. Alternatively, create an Audio Track and check your Inserts to see if your plugins show up there.

Thanks for the reply. I’ve done everything you mention multiple times. I have no Waves plugins listed in Cubase, other than the blacklist. And they were working a week ago before I rebuilt my computer, which has turned into one problem after another, I emailed that photo to Waves support. Hopefully they’ll have a solution.

If you’ll notice, they’re in the “Plugins V14” folder. that’s the latest update. They’re all suppose to be 64bit VST3.

Did you add that \Waves\Plug-Ins\ folder to your VST Plugin paths? I don’t think you should’ve.
VST3 plugins have a .vst3 file extension. Also, Waves plugins are loaded a bit differently that most. They use a “shell” library type of system.
VST3 plugins should all be installed in this common folder:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

Are they licensed? If you’ve reinstalled the OS or changed major parts, they may no longer be licensed if they were licensed to the computer.
I license my Waves plugins to a USB stick as I move around between numerous machines

Thanks for responding.

I changed my MB, CPU, RAM and boot drive. And changing the boot drive removed my licenses, as you suggested. Waves allows downloading a 2nd license, which I just did. That reactivated my licenses but unfortunately it didn’t help.

I read about the shell thing. I have that as one of my sources. Here’s what I have.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3
C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\Plug-Ins V14
C:\Program Files (x86)\Waves\WaveShells V14
C:\Program Files\VSTPlugIns

This is so hard to understand. I’ve struggled installing Cubase and Waves. The first time around they literally installed themselves. I didn’t have to do anything. Now, after days of messing with this I’ve made some progress with Cubase and none with Waves. Very frustrating…

It just worked! I have no idea why, but out of nowhere, they all loaded. Thank you for your time!