Waves v10

I had done that step before the mess, so V10 was already activated. Thanks for adding it :wink:

Problems aside, Waves should be commended for keeping all of their plugins current! I wish SB would do the same with all their legacy plugins :slight_smile:

Mike.

At quite a cost if you “own” a number of them. My so called update plan is running at $354. I have kind of had it with waves stuff as I find that I rarely use them now being a UAD user. Mind you UAD are not much better given all the hardware etc.

Agreed I have a few of their plugins and my current update plan is around $180. It just seems to be a bit much and not something I will willingly pay, even if in my experience their Email support is very good. I think if they want to have customers using their update plan they need to cap it at a lower level.

That cap is interesting because I have Diamond so it’s a good deal for me having a lot of plugins. But also I haven’t upgraded for 4 years so I personally think $225 or whatever isn’t a bad price to pay.

Yeah, UAD aren’t really any different. For one thing they dropped UAD1 support, forcing me to spend a few thousand on new cards virtually overnight!! Well, obviously they’re much more powerful, but we’ve got that pleasure to come again sooner or later… And, TBH I use more and more Waves and less UAD because UAD keep updating their plugins and charging £75 for the update, then I seem to find that I can’t run as many on the same hardware because they’re more and more CPU hungry - so I’ve started replacing them with Waves instead because they use my PC power which is currently plentiful.

Arturia - they updated their instrument bundle to V5 recently. They added only 2 new instruments to the lineup of about 15 or so, and the upgrade price was 200Euros, which is half the cost of the buying full bundle!!! I like to see companies generate revenue, but to me that doesn’t reward the loyal customers, that was a steep upgrade price. Also I find that AnalogLab3 unfortunately crashes Cubase and MainStage, I hope they release an update soon.

On the other hand I’d like to buy into the new Roland plugins, but they’ll cost me £185 PER YEAR because it’s subscription. No way to reduce that by buying a subset, it’s all or nothing. And if you don’t pay they stop working.

It seems to me that Waves isn’t too bad… I got Diamond for about £800 or so because PluginBoutique were doing a really good deal on Platinum and then also the Diamond upgrade. The bundle has virtually everything you’d need.

Mike.

P.S. @Silhouette, in the Waves WUP page have you clicked the box to say you aren’t running these plugins on more than one PC at a time? This reduces the cap to $225. Also, look at the expiry date because if you have some plugins which haven’t yet expired and you include those in the update then their expiry date + 1 year seems to be applied to all plugins, so you could actually get the WUP for longer than a year for all your plugins.

Mike.

no issues here…

I updated to v. 10, and now Cubase 9.5.30 crashes on startup at the v. 10 Waveshell. The only way I can start Cubase now is if I first log into Waves Central and view the licenses on my computer. Then Cubase actually behaves normally and opens after having scanned the Waveshell.

Weirdly, when I opened Cubase for the first time after having updated Waves to v. 10, Cubase couldn’t find any of my Waves plugins, and the v. 10 Waveshell was blacklisted in the Plugin Manager, so I had to reenable it. I also got a message to rescan my Waves licenses in Waves Central, which I did.

After that, I have the startup problem, but when I finally get Cubase up and running (by first logging into WC), everything Waves is fine.

I am in contact with Waves support about this, but so far they have not been able to solve this. I did not have any issues with my v. 9 Waves installation, although I think I remember having the v. 9 Waveshell blacklisted by the Plugin Manager as well.

Any ideas?

Here is a screen grab of where Cubase stops working.

Best,

Magnus

Weird – I’m not having this issue (I’m on Mac). I wonder what the deal is? Must be frustrating.

Good to hear you escaped this. However, after spending time with Waves support, trying various suggestions to no avail, finally my issue may have magically vanished after toggling some check boxes on the Uninstall page in Waves Central. Fingers crossed, everything will work now…

I still fell very strongly that a simple update like this should be painless in this day and age. It is not 1999 anymore, when updates were likely to destabilise everything…

/Magnus

Awesome, glad you got it sorted.

Love or hate Waves, their customer support is some of the best I’ve ever experienced, and leaves Steinberg completely in the dust…there’s really no comparison.

I agree completely. The wup fee is minimal per plugin. But the level of support you get is unparalelled.

/Magnus

OK, so my problem returned. I am still awaiting help from Waves support. They recommended an uninstall and then reinstall of all things Waves. I did this and the issue still persists. Waves have now offered to remotely control my computer to try to find out what is wrong. I am still waiting for this to happen, so I just wanted to ask if someone has anything useful for me to try.

I strongly feel that Waves should not release an update which will cause this level of problems. It is a bit like I am beta testing.

Best,

Magnus

I got around these problems by uninstalling all waves plugins, then installing the updated, v10 plugs only(!). After that, I used the off-line installer (which I downloaded first) selecting only the remaining v9 plugs I have, and installed them. Works fine now…

Thanks, Mauri, for suggesting this. However, Waves support already suggested I do this, and I did. My problem still persists. Furthermore, unlike you, I only had wupped plugins, so it was a matter of a simple update of everything to v 10. No legacy v 9 stuff.

Still, the update went wrong… I am very disappointed in Waves right now. I don’t care about the wup process, which I think is more than fair, considering what you get. But fairly simple version updates causing problems like this I think is another matter entirely.

/Magnus

I had issues for the first time when I upgraded to version 10 also… what I had was that not all of my plugins were recognized by Cubase, but then I tried what Steve did and used the “repair installation” feature from within Waves Central v10… BLAM!.. fixed everything! :slight_smile:

If you haven’t tried the above, I would try this… at this point, what do you have to loose!

But, I should also stress that I’m on a Win7 Ultimate PC! :open_mouth:

Good Luck!
Al

This makes sense, Al. However, I have now had no issues for three days, so unless my problem returns I will stay put.

Best,

Magnus

Yeah, that totally fixed it for me. Had no troubles since. I’ve even bought a couple of new plugs and they show right up, no issues.

OK, the problem returned, so I did the Repair. Problem persists… I hate these intermittent problems. Everything was rock-solid under v 9, now it is hit and miss…

/Magnus