Waves V12 crash cubase 12, anyone else?

Simple as it sounds: whenever I open waves plug-in on Cubase 12 its graphics are all weird and the mouse pointer came quite locate the buttons and after a minute or two Cubase 12 crashes.

I’m having a similar issue, except the plugin screen is blank and I have to force quit Cubase. I found this while researching:

If you have duplicates of Waves plugins resulted from updates it can also cause problems in DAWs (not only in Cubase). To fix it open Waves Central → Settings → Version Organizer → Run.

I followed those steps, but I still get the same problem with the plugin screen going blank and having to force quit Cubase. I haven’t found any resolve yet.

2 Likes

Update: I checked the Waves site and it looks like they’re not supporting Cubase 12 yet. Have emailed Waves to see when we should expect to see these plugins work. Guess I’ll run 11 for the time being

Mac or PC?

Mac here. Ive got a 16 track project open right now with an instance of SSL EV2 on every channel, I can see three instances of the API-2500 (one which I have open on screen along with the EV2), and the SSL Bus Comp on the master output. All look and work as they should in Cubase 12.

No problem here.
Diamond pack and others.
Win 11.

Win 11. My Waves plug-ins seem to work but will on occasion will freeze up and the only way forward is Task Manager.

I’ve seen this. Uninstall all waves plugins and then re-install. Make sure to only install the VST3s (only saying this to copy the exact process.).

That fixed it.

Mac here

I’ll give it a try

Didn’t work :frowning:

Dang! I’m stumped then.

If it were Windows there are Systems Graphics (Display) setting that might come in to play, but on a Mac that shouldn’t be an issue.

I know I’m a little late to the party, but I wanted to chime in on what I’ve been experiencing with my
Alienware Aurora R13:
i9
64 MB memory
I purchased mine in November of 2022, and right out of the box I was having clicking crackling and popping, followed by a sound dropouts every 30 seconds or so. After weeks of troubleshooting, I ended up resolving that issue by installing a years old driver for the 3090. I had purchased the waves Mercury bundle about 15 years ago, and it worked fine on my old system, but when I installed it on my new system, plug-ins were crashing left and right. In this past year, I purchased Cubase 12 Pro , Pro Tools Studio , Waves ultimate subscription Etc. Picking that would solve my problems, it didn’t. So, I decided to dive into it for a second time, I called waves technical support, the tech remoted in Via TeamViewer, he was opening and closing plugins in both cubase 12 Pro and pro Tools Studio, and he was able to it successfully on both DAW’s, I couldn’t believe it, was beside myself cause I was never able to do that. In my setup, I have three monitors, my main monitor being a 55 in Samsung flat screen, and two 32" monitors that are to the right of me. My setup in both DAW’s are the same, the main screen carries the edit window, and my 32-in screens carry my mix window (faders) . My process to opening plugins are from the mix window on the 32-in screen, creature of habit. So when the Waves tech was opening and closing plugins, he was doing so from the edit window on my main monitor, the 55 in Samsung. I wasn’t paying attention at first, and only realized it after he had already hung up, that he never opened up one single plug-in from the mix window on my 32-in monitor. So I got to thinking and launched both DAWvs, disabled the two 32-in screens and started to operate and open plugins just from the now only active 55 monitor, and what do you know? Not one plug-in crashed. I was kind of bummed though, thinking that sucks, I could only use one monitor now? So then I enabled my other two monitors again, and just opened up the plugins from the 55 in mix window in both Cubase and Pro Tools, no crashes, and that’s because when I open them from that window, the plug-in would also open up in that window. After all kinds of process of eliminations, I realized that if the plug-in was opened from my 32 inch screen (mix window) , the plug-in would also open up within that window, and that’s when I would get my crashes. Long story short, as long as I open my plugins from my main monitor, the 55-in Samsung, from the edit window, I would get zero crashes. Not sure what’s going on, but I definitely think it’s with the Nvidia driver, and my three monitors not jiving with the Waves plugins., the funny thing is, the Waves plugins are the only ones that do that, not the stock plugins, not auto-tune, not melodyne, not ssl, not isotope, only waves. If anybody has any insight on the Nvidia driver as to multiple monitors, please chime in. That’s my two cents on my situation, have a good night