I’m using Waves v14 plugins with SoundGrid Studio in Cubase Pro 12.0.70, and I’m experiencing an issue in StudioRack with RDeEsser. I’ve been working with the Waves support team to figure it out, but they are having problems reproducing it.
- The project is 96 kHz.
- RDeEsser is loaded in a StudioRack slot.
- That StudioRack instance is a group buss insert running in SG mode.
- The problem occurs after restarting Cubase and loading the saved project.
- The audio for the group buss will sound like it has been bitcrushed at a low sampling rate.
- My current workaround is to change that StudioRack instance from SG to Native and back to SG.
- Audio playback returns to normal at this point.
- RDeEsser works fine outside of StudioRack in the same group buss.
- My interfaces are the Waves IOS, IOX, and an Extreme Server (original version).
- All of my Waves software and firmware is current.
- I created this project in Cubase Pro 12 a few versions back without this problem.
- I’m running Windows 11 Pro with low LatencyMon responses.
- Processor core parking has been disabled.
- The OS and hardware have been heavily tweaked for DAW usage and have been stable.
- No other audio issues appear to be present.
HARDWARE: ASUS ProArt Z790-CREATOR WIFI, Intel Core i9-13900K, 64 GB RAM
If you have a similar configuration, your input is appreciated. Thanks!