We need Steinberg MIDI Keyboard!

We need the ULTIMATE MIDI Keyboard by Steinberg! Why the most popular music company produce exclusive soft, hardware, vst plugins, but haven’t MIDI Keyboard with powerful features for Cubase/Nuendo? Why do we need to buy other midi keyboards, from other developers? A company with 30 years experience cant do this for his customers?

My wish list for Steinberg MIDI Keyboard:

• Different keyboard size edition with 25, 49, 61, 88 LED RGB color keys.
  • Big 2K touch display
  • Fully weighted keys
  • Deep integration with Steinberg DAWs: Cubase, Nuendo and other VST
  • 8 faders, 8 encoders, 8 sliders, 8 pads with LED light.
  • ADSR physical sliders for quick VST configuration

Features:

• Scales color assistant. Highlighting keys with the selected musical scale (Aeolian, Myxolodic, etc.)
  • Highlighting the keyboard when the project is playing.
  • Quick access to Quick Controls from the keyboard.
  • Deep integration to other VST, presets switching by physical buttons
  • Onboard arpeggios module. Play arpeggios with any VST.
  • Quick access to Cubase Mixer, Compressor, Undo/Redo commands.

Price: less $1000

WHO WANTS STEINBERG MIDI KEYBOARD, PLEASE, WRITE +1.

Would be nice, but put 16 pads on it like some of the other big name keyboards (akai mpk, arturia keylab, m-audio code). And other nice functions like note repeat and chords,

Also, make sure the keys are as good as if not better than the komplete kontrol mk2 keyboards.

Looks like Yamaha has giving up on pure Midi keyboards, KX was the last line.
Yamaha=Steinberg

Your proposed product seems rather close to many products already on the market, especially Native Instruments’ Komplete Kontrol S series. I know Komplete Kontrol does not have touch screens and the host plugin is only VST2 (I don’t think Native Instruments have VST3 support in any of their products), but the problem is that many people who are interested in this product will have already bought Komplete Kontrol.

I would like to see a new open remote control API for Cubase and Nuendo, perhaps based on OSC. This would allow third parties to create deep integration products. Mackie Control and HUI are very much ‘lowest common denominator’ standards compared to what is possible in controllers these days. Nektar and Presonus are demoing deep integration of the Nektar keyboards into Studio One (see this video from Superbooth 2019 on YouTube) - this is likely to release in the next few weeks. Presonus’ own Faderport 8 and Faderport 16 controllers have a native mode that only works with Studio One and gives greater functionality than the Mackie Control and HUI implementations.

If such an open remote API became available, I would think it more likely that we see integration added to Yamaha’s mid to high end keyboards (such as the MODX and Montage) via a firmware update rather than Yamaha / Steinberg producing a MIDI only controller.

Maybe MIDI 2.0 will contain an abstract controller API, but I am not holding my breath. In any case, there is some time to go before MIDI 2.0 is ratified and some time still until we will start to see MIDI 2.0 products.