Weird cracking and distortion noises on UR824

Yes I mean the bios on my Computer. Check out the latest drivers of your mainboard too (like ethernetcard, graficcard, audio …).

Greets from Austria

I installed the new one without deinstalling the old ones!

When I got the unit, I downloaded the Tools for UR824 version 1.0.4, but the Yamaha usb driver version that came with the download was version 1.6.2, and I didn´t knew that there was a new version 1.6.3 of the Yamaha usb driver, thats the one I installed this past few days, and I have to say that until now I haven´t heard the noise anymore, I don´t know if it´s really the driver update or not, but it seems to be working fine now, I haven´t had much time to test it, but I hope that the problem is gone.

I installed the UR28M last week and also noticed crackling sounds when playing back a project in Cubase (5).
I managed to eliminate them by turning all the inputs down to zero in the mixer.
You mention updating the driver - I haven’t checked the actual version but I did press the “Check for Updates” button in the control panel and it said all drivers were up to date. Did you find the driver discrepancy using this button?

for what its worth updating to the latest tools drivers and the latest usb drivers got rid of the crackling sound for me (was happening only through the daw) but now it just cuts out intermittently.

i’ll just be monitoring my guitar through the daw… it will catch like 10 secs then cut out for a few secs. I am hoping I can make this work but the out of box experience is honestly brutal.

We had the same exact problem. Was happening in Cubase only, not if I was using the interface with any other application. We made a clean reinstall of the interface with the most recent drivers Tools found on Steinberg’s site and so far all is good. Sounds great, no more scary heavy crackles and distortion.

J-F

Hello, I have the same problem not disappeared even after driver updates and all the latest software from the UR824. I have windows 7 64 bit, cubase 8 pro (the latest available on this website update is made). Sometimes the noise appears even when cubase is not running, just watching the video on YouTube. Connection with a computer via the USB 2.0 port without any hubs, RAM 16GB, i7 processor, if it is important then send the motherboard model. Please help, because the annoying sudden appearance of this noise, when it did not expect, I want to work in peace and not in constant fear, constantly looking over the terrible noise. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello! I have for 2 years waiting for Steinberg tell me what my problem UR824 or correct errors of the driver as it should!!! I do not know what has caused, but even the latest driver - 1.9.10 - 2, available for installation does not solve my problem - the appearance of a sharp loud noise in the speakers! This happens a few times a week and sometimes every day! It’s terrible, can’t work! Many on this forum were such problems, but it seems to be decided! All the settings are correct in the BIOS and in the system! Guys, at least tell me you can help, since Steinberg is still silent! Any help would be appreciated from you! I apologize for English is not my native language!

P. S. Steinberg, you also have to give at least some information what to do or comments, anything, this problem is dangerous to the ear, this noise is just deafening, if it goes further, it will apply to the court, as it caused harm to my health!

Just recently added the UR824 and after the most recent driver update the noise started on bus input 1. Added a new SSD drive and a clean install of WIN 10. At first no problems. After installing the Cubase 9.5.3 update and the USB driver the noise starts up. Very frustrating. Any word yet on when this issue may appear in a patch fix?