Weird Graphic Bug

Also it’s very annoying to have highlighted tab font in white… Over grey??? Very bad UI…

Update for Cubase 10.0.60 users please

Same issue with Elements 9.5.

Winddws 10 v2004 update borked it for me.

Hi and welcome,

Thank you for the information. Then it must be something on Windows side, because Cubase 9.5 didn’t change since then.

Are there any news about this Issue?

Not yet, but 10.5.30 shouldn’t be too far off – assuming that Steinberg aren’t still pointing the finger at Microsoft.

Hi,

It’s totally clear, the change happened on Microsoft side (Cubase didn’t change and several Cubase versions became affected at once). The question is, if Steinberg can make any quick workaround to this Microsofts’ change.

I rest my case.

As users though, we shouldn’t need to care who has to fix this, but it would be nice to know whether the root cause is yet known, and whether the involved parties are communicating or not.

Reading the reports from users, it seems that the graphics driver might also have a role to play, and perhaps the resolution used – in own my case for example, with Intel (built-in) graphics and 2xFHD screens, the problem is barely noticeable, whereas for others it is a major issue, so perhaps along with Steinberg and Microsoft, people from Nvidia and AMD need to be involved. That’s is going to take time.

In any case, at the moment Windows 10 2004 is not a supported platform for Cubase 10.5 so anyone affected can always revert to 1909.

assuming that Steinberg aren’t still pointing the finger at Microsoft.

I guess that’s the right direction to point
the issue is reproducable on different versions of Steinberg software on Windows 10 version 2004 only

Some people might argue that because only Steinberg software seems to be affected, perhaps the finger should be pointing at Steinberg.

Anyway, it’s a moot point, seeing as Cubase 10.5 is not yet supported on Windows 10 2004; anyone who has a real problem with it can just revert to Windows 10 1909. One interesting thing is that I’ve seen two cases of Lenovo laptops which can’t yet get W10 2004 (“the Windows 10 May 2020 Update is not it’s way”) … one of them has an Nvidia graphics chip … so there seems to still be some issues with the rollout W10 2004.

Some people might argue that because only Steinberg software seems to be affected

are you sure?

I’ve seen two cases of Lenovo laptops which can’t yet get W10 2004

laptop computers are often treated different

No, not at all … I haven’t heard of any problems with other software, but of course I don’t know all software :neutral_face:

All my music soft have not this problem Exept steinberg product : Cubase Groove Agent Halion and Halion sonic… even inside komplete kontrol (for the plugin)

When you don’t want to (or can’t) fix a bug, you call it a feature :sunglasses: Looks like a sneaky preview to C11 (just a speculation) :laughing:

I’m tired of waiting for the fix from Steinberg (or Microsoft), so I reinstalled Windows 10 version 1909.
Everything works perfectly again.

Hi,

I have heard rumours, this has been fixed in the upcoming Windows update (at least the Beta version).

very good news, can you tell what the number (reference) of update ?

Hi,

I’m sorry, bad news… I had a quick chat with my source of this information. And he says, the issue is back after 2 days. :-/

Hi,

The graphic bug disappears, when you minimize/maximize the buggy window.

A quick workaround - a macro to open the necessary window + 2x window maximize commands.
For example, for opening/closing the MixConsole:

Then assign this macro to a key command (F3 in this case).

Hope this helps.

Best Regrads,
TheDude

Right, hello all, first time posting here but I thought I should share…

I filed a support ticket about this same issue nearly two months ago (26/08/20), and despite chasing up every couple of weeks I received no response at all from Steinberg, to the point where I basically gave up waiting for one. I was a bit surprised this afternoon to receive the following:

Dear Sir, Madam,
Thanks for contacting the Steinberg Technical Support.
We are sorry for the delay, we are facing an unusual amount of requests.
This is due to a Windows 10 update.
Solved with the very latest Windows update (kb).
Please run Windows Update manually in order to install all available updates.

So I did as I was told, and there was indeed a pending Windows update, which I installed, restarted, fired up Cubase and… same problem. The issue has not been fixed at all. Support have marked my ticket as ‘solved’ without checking whether it is or not, which is interesting. I have messaged them for a response again, but I won’t be holding my breath…

I have, by the way, tried everything I can to fix this problem short of rolling back Windows, which I can’t do easily. I’ve updated my graphics drivers, both via Windows update and manually from nVidia’s website, updated all other drivers to be on the safe side, reinstalled Cubase (several times), tweaked any number of settings, all to no avail. I suspect that downgrading back to Windows 10 1909 would probably fix the problem, but as I say I can’t do that for various reasons.

It’s not a show-stopper of a bug, granted, I can work around it, but it’s pretty shoddy for such an expensive piece of software, and I have to say I’m deeply disappointed with how Steinberg have handled my support request, basically totally ignoring me for nearly two months, and then fobbing me off with a non-fix.