Weird problem with mixer console and tracks

I’m working on a tutorial project that isn’t mine, and I have a weird behavior that I haven’t seen before. There are certain tracks that are where they should be in the project window, but completely out of order in the mixer console. Usually both have the same order, especially when “Sync Mixconsole and Project” is enabled.

But it’s not happening here for some reason. In the screenshot, you can see that the last track in the Synth section is where it should be in the project pane, but in the mixer pane below (which shows the same order as the separate mixer window) is completely out of place. And this is just one, there are others like that, separated from the rest but fine in the project pane.

I tried everything, but no success. Any suggestions?

Can you check if it is the same in the full mixer window?

Yes, like I said, it shows the same thing in the mixer window.

Your screenshot shows not the mixer window, it shows the lower zone mixer pane.
That’s why I ask.

What happens if you execute “Show all channels” in the mix console?
That could be different from show all tracks.

Nothing changes.

Ha!
There are numbers associated with the channels, these numbers define the order.
In your screenshot, the Omnisphere channels are numbered 1-6, but the last one is numbered 74.
That’s the order in the mix console.

But I have no idea how to change that.
It needs further investigation.

Hi! I am having the same problem on Cubase 13 (I never had this problem on Cubase 12). Did you find a solution to this issue?

Not really. I recently opened that project again, and it was the same situation. However, I think I found a workaround by selecting the folder that had all the Omnisphere tracks in the left pane of the mixer, and that showed only those tracks in the mixer.

However, when I went back to show all tracks, there are some of those tracks that are in weird places, so it’s a bit confusing when you scroll horizontally the mixer on a project of over a hundred tracks, but it’s not the end of the world. You can download the project if you want and see if you get different results:

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Flink.edgepilot.com%2Fs%2F45aeed88%2FqtypO0VuV0quo1Xhy895Jg%3Fu%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fspaces.hightail.com%252Freceive%252FTSPEJl0ANH%252FYWdvZGZyZXlAMTR0aHN0cmVldG11c2ljLmNvbQ%253D%253D%26fbclid%3DIwAR3wlAfj_1RjaWzVmD6o9kRuTJoiDvQ5n2okARcDP-pulbai8e1pZ32Em8g&h=AT2mLzIkg7eWKznbZbbSgKN7f6MHW2_tGzZniaAJ2Qu7ngXvBxhdJkLiZVLQQ96iO9RfCAtp7k9hJjV4VWhCEMVlBTAhy2u-x9Au7oE_IVbvgbGBkq1MVq3pgdVAkHzu1PYm1t1K1uG2oNfANWcYf3fFVQ&__tn__=-UK-R&c[0]=AT2Z6kgMgcBAGs8ZYbtqV3QZ3MxOqevQYD1qku1SNaRj2Gx8gyD18GgTHQFJKNkvyqrkjvPzxTpjzwovTlMEXAS4RGJ3So5722m39GDXyCr2GwuauslifQoX9MGABMbOk0RzQkuKUgkTPNp2ggqhHYn3Q1iJD0F1Xj_9LwEah4W1KJsVUuMsSmGuynsmODQTTloVq5PlOnd-zw

I would post the project here, but it’s not mine, so I linked to the original post by Lorne Balfe.

BTW, when I opened this project the first time and did a lot on it, I used Cubase Pro 12. Recently I wanted to work more on it and I opened it in Cubase Pro 13. Everything worked perfectly, but this issue was the same on both versions.

I have no suggestion to make, other than to point out that those little track numbers are assigned dynamically - if you move a track up or down, the track number changes to reflect that.
I would try moving the tracks about, see what happens (if you haven’t done so already!).