Weird skipping glitch

Hey, so im having an issue where every 20ish seconds my cubase will skip/cutout and it makes it to where i cant record things over 20 seconds, along with it cutting out every 20 seconds when im listening back. My drivers on my interface are all up to date, ive tried changing my buffer/sample rates, ive tried opening new projects, and nothing fixes it. It just randomly happened one day, i didnt add any new plugins or anything. Please help, thank you.

You might check if you’re having a disk problem, where a degrading disk is taking longer to fill up a buffer for streaming audio, thus causing periodic dropouts. If you’re on Windows, CrystalDiskInfo is free tool that can check the health of your disks. Windows’ built-in Resource Monitor can also be useful to watch while having issues since you can look at various areas to see where bottlenecks might be occurring, for example if disk queues are getting overly long, and which files and processes are contributing to that.

I dont really know what im looking for here, but all i know is it says health was 98% and stuff, im not super smart in these areas.

Can you max out the buffer size? See if this makes any difference.