What a mess...

So you’re assuming I know nothing about overclocking PC’s, and that your knowledge, limited as it may be on the matter, is sufficient to predict my PC is unstable… Please tell me you’re joking?

Where do I even begin…
I’ve been overclocking PC’s for the last 10 years. My PC is custom built/assembled, rock solid, 100% stable and excessively tested. It’s probably more stable than most pro-made builds. I’ve also been very well educated on network, software and hardware management/installation/maintenance, which was also my day job for a few years. In other words; I’m an experienced expert on PC’s software and hardware. So when I tell you my PC is stable, you can take my word for it.

Sorry but I’ve got a short temper for people who assume too much, and do so in an arrogant way. Call it a professional deformity.

Good to know. In that case, it just a matter of doing some work I have no time for ATM. Hopefully I’ll be free next weekend to do a cleanup and complete reinstall of cubase. I do expect it work well eventually, just a bit frustrated we have to go through this PITA procedure every time a new cubase version is out.

Doesn’t work very well though does it?

As a matter of fact, it works flawlessly, except for cubase 6. Hence the frustration with this upgrade. I do get the occasional odd crash with some questionable freeware VST, but when cubase starts causing problems loading a template that consists of a virus VST, omnisphere and kontakt, VSTi’s that are all top of the line in popularity, quality and stability, it speaks volumes of the quality control in v6. Noted, it may just need a fresh install and remade prefs and key shortcuts, but any way you look at it, doing all this to get it to work right should not be necessary.

Cheap shot, Crofter … and misleading. He said it worked on C5.

Of course everyone here could just be lying out of envy that some people actually have working systems and no one wants to admit that theirs isn’t.

What is needed is a ‘bitch n’ moan’ forum with a little ‘like … thumbs up’ and ‘dislike … thumbs down’ icon on each post.

Every month we could have the trolls of the month awards split between the persons who gets the most ‘thumbs up’ and the most ‘thumbs down.’

In the case of someone winning both in the same month, they get to be a lifetime beta tester.

Como

Oops! I used a ‘b’ word. Should have said ‘beach and moan.’ So reassuring to be in PG-13 environ.

To L.F, Don’t even sweat these fools trying to make you look like some idiot. You have every right to feel the way you do. My copy will be here tuesday and I expect death when I update to C6. It’s 2011 and no one should have do so much to get a software like this one to work properly. I know I will be here posting some oddness that will occur sooner or later. At the end of the day, For those who have no problems, good for you. This forum is supposed to help users out, not bash’em. I’m wit ya all the way. :wink:

Hello,

I close this one.

One person has a “local” problem on his machine.

1 Get in contact with support
2 When posting here at the forum, then please give a proper error description, so other people can try to help you.

Cheers,

Chris