What are the copyright limitations on using Groove Agent Patterns and Sounds?

what are the copyright limitations on using Groove Agent Patterns and Sounds?

You can do anything with those in your compositions. You can’t resell the samples and patterns.

Thanks for your reply steve, Lets go a little deeper on this subject. I did a video on YouTube, demonstrating the Kit Audeka Wild from the Raw Power Pack, and I got a copyright claim to my video, specifically saying “drums only”, can you comment on that?

No… I have nothing at all to go on.

thanks for your honest answer Steve. I was really taken back by this. If anyone knows where the terms of use a limitations is written please join in.

Did you contest the claim? A lot of this stuff is algorithmic and so false positives occur.

It’s getting pretty crazy out there, even Hollywood Edge SFX is registered in these sonic “fingerprint” databases so that someone who uses “Wind gust 0021” could receive a take down notice. It has been a problem for video game streamers because apparently, a lot of game devs out there are relying on these old-stock sound libraries.

Some Twitch Streamers Are Getting Takedown Notices Just For In-Game Sound Effects (thegamer.com)

Twitch Apologizes, But DMCA Fiasco Continues With Punishments For In-Game Sounds, Deleted Clips (kotaku.com)

I guess this is good for us blue-collar sound designers looking for jobs in the video game sound design market… because video game companies are going to have to start doing all their sound from scratch.

right LoveGames,sound from scratch, safest way,I just took my video down, dont need the aggravation. I considered removing groove agent from my system, havent gone that far yet, I dont like feeling like I was sold a Trojan Horse…I didnt contest it, like I said not worth the aggravation. as a side note it was from using the kit Audeka Wild, and it looked like in the notes someone named Wild was the contester,go figure…

Could it be a completely fake DMCA takedown request?

Don’t panic over youtube copy right claim.

I’m not saying you should ignore it but in lot of cases it’s not just black and white. Steinberg says you can use those sounds in your productions. So if you look at it this way it’s not your problem. Or at least you have an argument if you need to contest it.

I’ve had 2 copy right claims on my youtube videos recently. It was a school project. Little kids playing their instruments. One of the kids happened to play an arrangement of a jazz standard tune. So what should I do? I left it like this. It’s almost a year now. Nothing happened. YouTube says the copyright owner might place adds on my video. I’m ok with that. But I doubt it. It’s an unlisted video with 50 views.

I mean, this sort of thing is simultaneously good and bad at the same time… Good in the sense that, hopefully we can start making money again in the music industry… bad in the sense that - where is the line going to be drawn and people are just going to use computers (already are) to generate and copywrite as many possible melodies and rhythms as possible and essentially “own” music.

it could be, It just wasnt worth it for me to pursue it, But I still would like to see the official Steinberg policy in writing if anyone knows where it is.