What are the most useful shortcuts in Cubase?

Ah, ok. There’s also this thread, with good ideas and tips:

That’s a preference. Preferences sometimes allow us to do things very differently, that’s why it was a revelation. Another one is Disabling Mute Pre-Send when mute, that you can use very creatively when mixing. Or automatically connect new sends. Or auto select events under cursor. Or all the different options in Editing - Lock Event Attributes, or even Track selection follows event selection. These are all preferences, but there are certain situations when the preference we never use is just perfect for the job. And when we use it, wow. Because preferences cater to very different approaches and workflows, so sometimes when I change many unfamiliar preferences at once, I feel as if I am using a different program!

The preference switch I use more often is Event Display - Show Event Names, to momentarily better see the waveform starts, MIDI - Show Controllers to momentarily better see a melody’s direction in a MIDI part (I have it ON most of the times, I like to see controller data on the event), Project & MixConsole - Enlarge Selected Track in a macro because I think it makes for a better zoom than the default Zoom: Exclusive.

1 Like