What do i wrong?Cubase 7 is running smoothly and no crashes?

Hello

Can anyone explain i have a dualboot win7 64bit PC one partition is ONLY for Cubase and the other one games mails office the Internet Photoshop and Cubase 32bit.
Now my big Problem is with browser with tutorials open, thunderbird some pdfs even online games. Cubase doesn’t crash or behave weird. My harddisks are now 6year old Sata-disks. And Mediabay with 24giga is also loading fast.
Didn’t even start my “DAW win7” now for about 4 months.
Really wanted to be a reproducelable bugfinder but i get no change thats unfair.

Really wondering what some people do…

Greetz Bassbase

I feel for you. Must be frustrating… But it just means, IMO, that all the reported issues have not a lot to do with DAW specifications as some, here, are always claiming…

Perhaps DAW-user specifications

This a whole other debate. What I think is that when someone takes the jump and purchase such a complex system as Cubase, he/she is already aware about what is needed both for his/her DAW setup and the knowledge to use it efficiently. Maybe I’m naive, but I don’t think that a ‘newbie’ will go straight ahead for Cubase without knowing at least a little about how a DAW is supposed to work. There are other cheap or free solutions.

Maybe I’m naive, but I don’t think that a ‘newbie’ will go straight ahead for Cubase without knowing at least a little about how a DAW is supposed to work.

No your not naive :wink: Most time of the problems with a computer the problem is sitting infront of the screen.

Ah and where is the one click hit button? Couldn’t find it yet.

Greetz Bassbase

Hmmm, well… Not sure of this. Three months ago, I went to an issue where my DAW suddenly rebooted itself without warning. After carefully looking at it, I changed the PSU, the CPU cooler and took the opportunity to go to 16 Gb from 8 this while installing the 64 bits flavor od Cubase, all at the same time. The result : my DAW is as stable as it has ever been, but the problem is that I’ll never know what went wrong : a failing RAM stick ? The PSU ? The bundled Intel CPU cooler ? Who knows…

About the ‘hit’ button, maybe I’m naive again, but I think that any adult aware of what he/she is doing isn’t expecting that the host used will make the ‘hit’ for you. And I know what I am talking about : I have nearly 40 projects that I would like to be proud of, but each time I am listening to one of them, nah, something is missing… This from a "bedroom’ (well, the bed is not in the same rooom) musician… But I keep on going : someday, maybe one of these projects will be posted in the ‘Made with Cubase’ forum…

Hehe was a joke with the on hit button, and i am a bedroomproducer ; my bed is directly behind my PC.

And yes never satisfyed with the result… Now getting interested to here some of your unfinished work :wink:

If C7 is running smoothly there’s definately something wrong with your system.

Don’t worry, they’ll fix it in the update!

This ! And I am frequently asking to myseil : ‘Arent’t you too much asking from yourself ?’. The answer is always the same : no… And when I am listening to this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8qkDQ_QP8A), I realise which amount of work is left…

OH see missed some letters NOW interrested to here some unfinished work.
Yeah great link good old times :wink:

You have to double click now :wink:

The BIG problem I have with Steinberg is I keep seeing updates but never see a downdate.
Sidedates and crossdates never come up either.
If something goes up it’s gotta come down, right? Am I right?

I think you must be a non entity? Some kind of figment of my vIrtualised imagination?

No, seriously, I have just reinstalled Cubase because it ddn’t feed my cat properly.

Running a few tests on the feline now.

+1

Every time I install the lastest version of Cubase be it 5,6 or 7 everything does exactly what it’s meant to do, I look at the forum and think, sheesh I must be really lucky, everything is working as expected.

tmy

Ohhhh BassBase … poor guy… I really don’t know where to start…

Well, At least I can give you some handy tips…

First - your system is waaay to strong!
An I7 - what are you thinking! Please!
Replace that insane powerfull I7 as soon as possible with an I3, perferably the lowest clock rate you can find. That will help to get that crazy power toned down…

Now - I don’t know how much memory you have, but if it is more than 4Gb you are in the comfort zone - ab-so-lute-ly not good!
So - Remove memory until you have only 2Gb left. Oh - and one handy tip. When replacing memory be sure you wear nylon socks and shuffle around a while on a nylon carpet. Only after that you are finally ready to replace your memory. This is very important!

And an RME soundcard - are you out of your mind?
Just use your on-board sound card and some older crappy ASIO4ALL drivers.
You will be surprised how fast everything goes down the drain…

Whew - that’s a LOT better!

Now - just get in the right mood…
Just listen for a few hours to some great inspiring music.
I suggest “All 13 fabulus”. “justin Bieber’s greatest hits”, “Waldhorn in Tirol” etc.
Play them at least 14 times on maximum volume to prepare yourself to what is coming.

Finally you are ready to generate your first complaint…

Start up your computer and load the biggest project with the most plugins you have.
Hit play and see what happens…

Now post your first complaint!
You have absolutely the right state of mind to produce the most awful messages. Please do NOT use any spellcheckers, and do not forget to be as incoherent and in consequent as possible.

Oh - and do not forget to say you will never ever again in your whole life buy something from Steinberg, if they do not solve the problems completely within 20 minutes. Be sure to give as little information as possible (information can lead to a solution - something you absolutely not want to see happening), and be sure to tell every other DAW does it right, so it is absolutely Cubase’s fault!

Now - enjoy the massive flood of comments you will get - mission succeeded!

I know - It’s not easy, but if you really want you will succeed… :wink:

bravo old bean !

All good tips indeed! Just this one is not quite right; better to walk over vinyl tiles with the nylon socks, and make sure to touch a couple of contacts on the memory strips before installing. This tip also works very well with CPUs, but it’s a bit more tricky since you might destroy it, and that’s too easy a problem to troubleshoot ofcourse…

You are absolutely right Arjan P!

This are very valid points to take in consideration…
It would be a shame if my incomplete instructions would ruin a wonderful experience…

I humbly apologize… :wink:

Now - I don’t know how much memory you have, but if it is more than 4Gb you are in the comfort zone - ab-so-lute-ly not good!

Ok got six giga ram, that might also be a reason thanks Jclosed for so detailed information, will give them a try.
Let’z hope they work and i will find the right words to rant and swear arround.

I know - It’s not easy, but if you really want you will succeed.

thanks you trust in me :laughing:

Oh - and do not forget to say you will never ever again in your whole life buy something from Steinberg, if they do not solve the problems completely within 20 minutes

20min are you shure isn’t that way to long to wait. For my money for the upgrade 149€, i think the answer should be here after 149 second, for what did i pay?

Be sure to give as little information as possible (information can lead to a solution - something you absolutely not want to see happening), and be sure to tell every other DAW does it right, so it is absolutely Cubase’s fault!

Will delete my signature to reduce my details.

Greetz Bassbase

20min are you shure isn’t that way to long to wait. For my money for the upgrade 149€, i think the answer should be here after 149 second, for what did i pay?

149 seconds? Why??? I think it should be 148, but I wouldn’t want to quibble, I might get flamed :open_mouth: