What does auto-recover do, exactly

Hi,

Could somebody tell me the details of the Dorico auto-recover function? I sometimes have files that crash all the time (don’t ask), and then each time auto-recover presents me with the option to auto-recover. Does this revert to the last auto-saved file, or does Dorico also remember key-strokes since the last auto-save? Also, I often confusingly get to chose from two auto-recover files (one of them typically has AutoSave in the name), and it is not clear what the difference is and which I should chose. Would be good to know once and for all exactly how it works.

Thanks!

Justus

The projects that are offered to you when you start the program are the auto-save files. If the program after the auto-save was updated, those changes will not be present.

If you’re experiencing frequent crashes with a particular project, I’d like to see that project, and a diagnostics file, so I can investigate what’s happening.

Thanks for clarifying, Daniel. Any idea why I might be offered two auto-save files?

I will e-mail you the file, with a diagnostics report. The project is actually finished, but after I managed to recreate a crash with a few random commands.

If you recover one auto-save file but don’t save it, then you’ll have both the original auto-save from the last session and the recovered auto-save file. If you manage to crash the program again before you close either of them, then they’ll both still be there when you next start the application.