What I would like to see improved in Cubase

1. toolbox editing function

I would like to be able to edit the shape of the toolbox and the items I want and don’t want.

1. New Automation Fader

Instead of the stupid VCA feature, I would like to be able to switch between the normal fader and the automation fader with the touch of a button (Sonar and others had this feature long ago).

1. direct routing

Currently, when using direct routing, you only have to go back and forth between two routings, and parameters are added to other unused routings (3 to 8 routings other than 1 and 2).
Even if you want to use direct routing, you don’t want to use it because of the additional parameters.
Instead of switching each channel on and off, I would like to see a parameter system where one parameter is used for, say, 1 routing for 1 channel and 2 routings for 2 channels.
If you want to parahout to multiple channels, you can just use sends.

1. revamp of the global workspace

I really think this is a dumb current feature.
It doesn’t take into account people with multiple monitors.
I would like to be able to set the range of what can be stored in the global workspace.
So this is what I mean: only each browser placement should be recorded, and nothing else. What is really stupid is that it even records the camera position (the position you are currently looking at). You can record the position of each monitor in the browser, but every time you start the workspace, you’re jumping to the same timeline screen. I think this is a really stupid feature. At least make it configurable to record or not record from where to where.

1. when using a VST sound source with multiple channels, you have to split it into a midi track and an instrument track.

For example, if I want to use 2 channels of a sound source, I have to create a midi track and route it there, but if I want to use insert effects, etc., I have to go to the instrument track set as one of the channels and open the para-out tab and look there. I have to open the para-out tab from the instrument track set to one of the channels and look at it.

Or I have to open the instrument edit in a separate browser.

I would like to see the midi track integrated with the instrument track so that I can set up the second and later channels of a VST sound source from the instrument track to a separate instrument track.
Then, the left spectra can be used to insert the second and subsequent channels of a multi-channel sound source.

I don’t think there is much need to separate the midi track and the instrument track anymore.

1 Like

Hi,

Add the optional feature-request tag to your post, please.

2 Likes