What Is Your Signal Path For Drums?

I am currently reworking my drum room and wanted to ask about this. What is your signal path for your various drum mics (OH, Kick, Snare, Toms, HH, Room) when recording a drum kit?

Thanks

Completely depends on the kit, the song, etc etc…

When I did have a static drum setup, it was generally tracked as follows:

Kick: outside FET47 - API 512
Kick: inside EV RE15 - API 512
Snare top EV RE11 - ADesigns P1
Snare side : Josephson C42 - ADesigns P1
Toms SM57 and/or Sennheiser 609 - console preamp (either Soundtracs or Wheatstone Audio Arts
OH Oktava MC012 thru board pres

Generally set up a pair similar to Ethan Johns’ equidistant mics, one over snare, one off to low Tom side…thru ADesigns Pacificas

Keep in mind my shop was 90% country, jazz, classic rock style, and was 15 yrs ago

I actually asked the wrong question. What I’m most interested in is the signal pass once the various sources enter Cubase for recording. The various stages you take them through such as compression, side-chain, gates, buses, etc. I know it’s not very specific hence not easy to answer but I’m curious.

Ok. My basic setup: kick in and out to a stereo group, same for snare top and bottom. Toms to a group too. These groups to a drumgroup. An extra group, also to the drumgroup with fast high ratio compresson on it, driven by aux sends from the above groups or channels for extra punch, upwards compression. Sometimes I create extra groups with gates on them, driven from aux sends or direct sends to feed reverbs. And a vca fader connected to kick snare tom groups, hihat, overhead and room mikes for overal level control. Processing: depends on the kit and musical style, the cubase plugins are very usable, but I use waves a lot too. You can make things as complicated as you want, for example duplicate channels, use one in the mix and the other as a reverb send, or with different eq and compression on them for a different sound at different levels…