What we want to see in future versions of NUENDO

1. Import session data. The current way of interchange of data and settings between different Nuendo projects is ancient and cumbersome. See ‘Import Session Data’ in protools, if you can do it better then go ahead, otherwise use that as a perfectly flexible solution.

2. Proper dynamic Mix/Edit grouping. PLEASE…its been so long coming…the current folder track way is a hack/patch solution that is seriously handicapped…just get it in and make it work elegantly with…

3. …PLAYLISTS!I know I know you invented lanes and that is working quite well now…but for multitrack sources and doing multiple takes on whole input lists it is messy and crazy for the GUI…i know about the stacked takes thing too…it is messy and confusing and you can ‘lose’ takes too easily. Playlists can be limiting sometimes but can be a very simple and elegant way of managing complicated takes. It can’t hurt to have it as an option.

There is many more. But those are my big three. Same ones I have been talking about on here for over 6 years now :slight_smile: I feel like a really really really old broken record.

Absolutely agree!

While we’re dreaming I’ll just reiterate what I’ve said for a while so that Timo and the others have even more opportunities to not say that they’ve heard the request (a great idea):

1. Give the user control over more than just the plug-in while the plug-in is open.

Exactly what it sounds like. When the plug-in is open I can now only work on the plug-in itself. There are cases when this is not desirable.

For example: If I’m working on a project I may elect to do de-noising offline rather than realtime. Using iZotope RX, I’d want to select two separate pieces of audio in my project - the first being a piece of room tone only for the plug-in to “learn” the noise profile, and the second being the piece of audio I actually want to process. This isn’t possible at the moment.

2. Don’t close the plug-in automatically after processing.

Exactly what it sounds like. Expanding on the example above: Once I’m done with one set of files I want to move quickly to the next set that have a different room tone/noise profile.

I agree about the spectrogram

My concept is a little different though of what id like to see in Nuendo, maybe Stienberg can do both.

I have seen Spectral Analyzer hardware from as early as the 1970’s which had a 30 band eq under the display screen.

If you can see the wavelengths directly above their eq band/post you can repair any problem frequencies by pulling that frequency down.

For quite some time I have been hoping to find a plugin that does this.

I had another thread about this elsewhere, but if this will get the developers to see it then so be it.

Id like to get an idea on who would agree on this idea I have for Nuendo.

During my editing process, i use my draw tool to lower the volume peaks on my waveforms.

What I would like to see is a horizontal guide that can be placed on any one of my tracks at a height (or level) of my choosing. This guide can be set a mid level peak and I could then manipulate my waveforms so they all peak at the same level wheteher im using the draw tool or slicing each side of a peaked waveform and sliding it down.

So basically this guide would need to be apart of the track, and not a part of the event, this way, volume peaks, regardless of how many events are on the track all can be set to the same level.

Adobe Photoshop has guides similar to this that can be drug out of the rulers.

Does anyone else here think that this would be a helpful addition to Nuendo?