Whats the last stable version of c7?

Same here.

Yes, and for me at least, if I forced Cubase to close from Task Manager, which I used to do, I would then have to reboot my machine to regain use of my sound card. But I discovered, if you wait several minutes Cubase will eventually close by itself and my sound card would work, though it’s probably quicker to reboot tbh.

And no, it isn’t fixed in 7.06. I’ve had a “closing hang” since writing that earlier post. :frowning:

No, it appears to be totally random, though there must be a rational reason. And it doesn’t seem to affect everyone. Cubase can take several minutes to close when it happens. You just have to live with it, odd as that sounds.

I use the latest 6.5.4.2132

Works very good.

hahaha! I’d rather poke needles in my eyes :wink:

I can run Cubase 6.5 and Logic 24/7 without any issues. No idea why Cubase 7 is so unstable for me, yet seemingly fine for others. ???

The ammount of crashes I have are not enough to say it is unstable. All versions so far had their own quirks and fair share of bugs, but overall it’s been stable since day one.

7.0.6 is the one that actually crashes less here.

Stabilty has never been an issue here, it’s just everything else! :slight_smile:

Same really, just some feature requests enacted would make my Cubase life even better than it already is.

There are obviously some issues with the mixer but it would seem that the collective knowledge of the forum on this is far and dispersed and it is not easily ascertainable what is the most important issue(s) SB should be working on in terms of the userbase; yet complaints on the whole don’t amount to constructive criticism by any stretch of the imagination.

I’ve had occasional crashes with all versions of Cubase, 7.0.6 is no exception. Now auto-save is my best friend (which, btw, is working remarkably stable).

I’m always using quite a few VST’s in my projects and most crashes in 7.0.6 occurs when closing a VST or when tweaking a sample based presets in Halion 5. The number of crashes are few, though, so I’m actually complaining to much. Again, Cubase’ auto-save function is working very good.