What's Wrong With This Picture? - Timeline Issue

Hey,

Anyone seeing weird behaviour with Timeline and Transport re: displaying the correct time?

What’s wrong with this picture?

On top of this, I know I had this project set to Bars & Beats, with Linear Time as a secondary in Transport. Now, upon opening again, it’s set both to linear, and the Timeline’s showing Bars & Beats.

Yeah, same thing here… :frowning:

Wow. I’m this close to demanding a refund.

Yeah, getting a bit cheesed off myself, I think they rushed this to get it out for Christmas :slight_smile:

some mods say they’ve been using it since August with no probs… :confused:

Could it be set now with the new Workspaces settings? Which would seem a little OTT change. I’ll check later maybe. Haven’t spotted anything too untoward myself yet. I mean I still know where I am in a project for the most part.

Yeah, lots of people claim no problems. There’s obviously something about the code in C8 they is highly sensitive to… Something! I’d like to get to the bottom of it.

My twin brother has a nearly identical rig and he says C8 is flying on his.

The peculiarities transfer over into C7.5 if I open a C8 project in it.

They don’t give refunds!

Is it my imagination or is this release the opposite of the initial 7 release. This time round it is a lot of small stuff that is irritating us. With 7 it was quite a lot of big stuff. My biggest issue at the moment - and it is slowly driving me nuts - is the number of times record does not work. Grrrrrrrr. I thought at first it was my Keyboard, but it is just the same using the transport bar.
I will check out your ruler/transport issue - perhaps it is related???

Yeah, I didn’t think they did… It’s more of a symbolic gesture. Lol

Is it my imagination or is this release the opposite of the initial 7 release. This time round it is a lot of small stuff that is irritating us. With 7 it was quite a lot of big stuff. My biggest issue at the moment - and it is slowly driving me nuts - is the number of times record does not work. Grrrrrrrr. I thought at first it was my Keyboard, but it is just the same using the transport bar.

Ew. I’ve seen a few posts about this. Haven’t seen it on mine yet, but I’m confident I will.

I will check out your ruler/transport issue - perhaps it is related???

Probably is! No idea how to replicate. Some files open remembering the timeline settings, some don’t. Best I could say is, make bars and beats your primary, linear your secondary, use “.” To switch a few times. Then Save, close reopen. That’s all I did.

I haven’t noticed the time line issue but I’m always set on bars. I have however noticed the record issue key problem. I don’t often trigger record directly from the PC keyboard though. Seems to work fine when I use iC Pro from my iPad.