When can we expect new bugfix patch for C6?

Look at my sig, my system is actually very similar to yours.

I don’t have any time for this kind of debating, I don’t want to argue with you just for the sake of arguing, I’m too old for this kind of non-sense. If you have anything topic-related to post, please do so, I will do the same.
I hate when discussions on a forum turn into a personal debate totally beside the actual topic. I have issues with Cubase, and that is what I came to this form, not to debate semantics.

Lars

Sorry, Santuzzo. I did not have you in mind when making these comments. Your issue with the crackles, I believe is valid and should be addressed.
However another user has rather more than his share of bugs and was getting hot under the collar when told that maybe, just maybe, his system could be a larger part of the problem than Cubase and started to greif about it somewhat. No doubt something of his problem involves Cubase but some doesn’t and he needs to find out the size of his problem to get a fix for it. I can understand his annoyance but I do believe in giving as much info as I can see may be useful at this distance. I’ve done all I can and had my head bitten off for my trouble so I have to leave that one alone.

I have been running Cubase 6 successfully on a Q6600 with the 3 GB switch with XP. Was doing some system experimentation (for something other than Cubase), and disabled the 3 GB switch. With Cubase 6, I started getting all manner of system crashes, including some projects that would crash during load. Reenabled the switch, all was well.

Now, on my system, the 3 GB switch really only gives Cubase about another 300K. So, for it to have that much effect on stability means that things must be on the memory edge.

I’m admitting defeat on XP at this point. Of course, if you haven’t played with the 3 GB switch, you can give it a try.

js