When is Cubase 12 coming out

IIRC it was said end of Q1.

1 Like

Iā€™m not gonna be surprised if C12 will be released in December.
It would be nice to get it early but I donā€™t remember to see info that C12 is just slightly delayed after the ā€˜default release timeā€™ of C11.5.
download

1 Like

Soon-ish.

I think I read that it comes out in February.

1 Like

Remember the grace period has already started. You need to release products in order to make money. If they only release end of 2022, the would have lost many billing cycles - upgrade to 11.5, upgrade to 12, Upgrade to 12.5 etc. etc. December 2022 would technically be Cubase 13. heheā€¦ And no-one will pay 200usd upgrade to C12 in Dec 2022. To makeup the 4 billings cycles lost. heheā€¦

1 Like

True :slight_smile:
Hopefully, it will not come rushed like the game, that the picture I put references to :smiley:

2 Likes

seems cubase 12 is stuck somewhere and have hard time to be released
Maybe this will help :

:money_mouth_face:
my bet, it will be released on February

4 Likes

Itā€™s already 20h of February here. Where is my cuubaaasssseeeee! :smiley:

2 Likes

In that case, they better wash it first! :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

:grin:
Pink Floyd song dedicated to cubase 12 : wash you were here :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

:musical_note: When you wash upon a staaaaarrā€¦ :musical_note:

4 Likes

Iā€™m hoping that Iā€™m wrong but I have a feeling that the Cubase as we know it will be no longer ā€¦
Steinberg /Yamaha are going subscription !

2 Likes

Theyā€™ve said many times they are not - soā€¦

4 Likes

My guessā€¦since weā€™re all just guessingā€¦

About 120 days from todayā€¦three miles from Yamahaā€™s headquartersā€¦Anaheim Namm 2022.

Theyā€™ll pre-announce June 1. Namm begins June 3.

Thereā€¦if Iā€™m right, maybe Iā€™ll win a free legacy collector edition elicenser when I visit the Steinberg room at the Marriott :slight_smile:

By the way, June 1 is the 55th anniversary of the release of Sgt Pepper (for those of us who were there at the time).

3 Likes

Weā€™re just two lost fools
Swimming in a fish bowl
Year after year
Running over the same old ground

2 Likes

agreed 100%

i suspect this doubly so this time as iā€™m sure the majority of their update resources have been sunk into new licensing & M1 support (both completely redundant to any PC user who has no issue with the dongle)

their lack lustre updates & completely ignoring valid feature requests that already exist in most of the competition (native multiband crossovers / FX containers, native modulation system, multi assignable macros, some form of native audio rate modulation option or FM synth, non linear sequencing, VST hosting separate from Cubase audio engine etc) for years have completely turned me off.

I bought Bitwig over xmas & will never look back. Interestingly its only my Steinberg virtual instruments that crash in Bitwig (out of like 100 plugins i own). Looks like their VSTIs are just as unstable in other DAWs as Cubase is in general. So far so good aside from that. Working in Bitwig is fun & brings a multitude of groundbreaking ideas to the table. Working in Cubase is a grindy chore, riddled with crashes & instability issues in comparison.

1 Like

Well, I guess theyā€™ll release it when itā€™s done. No?

1 Like

Heh! Yes. But software is never ā€œdoneā€ ā€“ itā€™s an unachievable utopia.

2 Likes

Wellā€¦ That screen is from Cyberpunk 2077. That didnā€™t work out very well for them. :laughing:

1 Like

its Feb 8ā€¦ and no news

1 Like

Paradoxically, it can be overcooked.

1 Like