When is WL 9 coming out?

Uauu, looks good…

By the time of the original quote - which was on 7th December last year, that should be about… early next week?

I’m fine with that. The “teaser” already showed some new things to speculate about.

Hi all,

thank you very much. As you might have seen in the trailer, WaveLab comes in a (almost completely)
new layout, which is faster and more accessible than previous Wavelab versions. It comes with new
mastering functionality, mighty new plug-ins, new ways to collaborate with Cubase/Nuendo and more.

The release is still a few weeks away as we are still in beta phase. We will prepare for shipping sometime
soon. More detailled information on the feature set will be available in a few weeks.

Thanks,
Timo

The studio the advert was filmed in was 15Hz in Germany. I found i after watching the advert over and over and seeing the 15 Hz on the monitor and doing some detective work. FWIW

Thanks for the info Timo, looking forward to more details.
In the meantime, can you help with rules for the grace-period, if updating to 8.5 now - will it work?

::
Mads

Looks like a really cool place!

So that “released in about 8 weeks” (From Dec 7) quote was a little too optimistic?

Probably should have left it at “spring 2016” to reduce speculation (and calendar watching :slight_smile:.

VP

As already mentioned, it will be released PRIOR to Musikmesse (or rather “sooner”). And since meteorical spring starts in March, and Musikmesse is from 7th April and on (not counting the current idiotic split if the “Pro Light and Sound”)…

…then we have our rough release date

More infos would still be nice.
Like - is it “one” new plugin only (the Master Plugin I pointed out earlier), or several?
What are little enhancements (as mentioned, the “Batch Analysis” is important to me)
Will we see Surround File Handling this time around (has been requested a couple of times, was postponed until “we’ll see” by PG)
Is the Fraunhofer ProCodec still on board, and if so, was the GUI overhauled (to get more closer to the actual plugin) - else it would be a short run from 8.5 to 9.0

And better CuBendo integration?
Does that mean we can have a better WAV editor again without jumping hoops and driver conflicts? Interesting…

Just some more teasing,… in general:

You will get some things you have expected (you are listened to, you know that!)
You will get some things you would not have expected (interesting stuff, of course!)
You will not get some things you would have expected (let’s be realistic, time is limited)

After long efforts on WaveLab 9, I am as keen as you to share all this :slight_smile:

Just to be correct: I’ve just referred to “more information” back in December, not the release itself. :wink:

Wow… It looks spectacular! I can’t wait to get more details… I’m feeling excited for this release - like Christmas is on the horizon! :smiley:

Thanks PG!

Thanks Timo!

Hopefully some of the training places have betas so we won’t have to wait long for help in learning yet another user interface!

Hi rtorstrick,

the best thing about the new user interface is that it’s pretty much self-explanatory. You won’t need to learn it again, but just get used to it which won’t take you longer than a couple of days. It’s very, very intuitive :slight_smile:

You might need to learn about the new features though, there is some crazy stuff in there :wink:

All the best

Looks very interesting!

Will the Montage file format change and is it backwardly compatible? Will WL9 montages open in WL8? I’m in a multi-user broadcast environment and this is useful for us.

Can you give us any clues about how the Montage editor will change?

Thanks

Hope, you are right …

Will the Montage file format change and is it backwardly compatible? Will WL9 montages open in WL8? I’m in a multi-user broadcast environment and this is useful for us.

A WaveLab 9 montage can be opened in WaveLab 8 (and reciprocally, needless to say).
However, if you use new features of WaveLab 9 inside a montage and open this montage in WaveLab 8, then these changes will be lost.

Hi Timo,

Would it be possible to upgrade from 8.5 to a boxed version of 9?

and will 9 include a printed manual?

i would pay extra for a printed manual as from the teaser video things looked to have changed alot.

please polease please add this feature request,

batch merge , allow me to select various files to merge into a single file.

we have batch split now i need batch merge

I’ve been hoping for proper multi-channel file handling - but the teaser shows no hint of it, and I would have expected such a big change to be shown at some point, even if not highlighted. So I’m currently steeling myself up for considerable disappointment.

Will upgrades done now to 8.5 qualify for version 9? Or would one have to upgrade from 8.5 now and again to 9.0 in a few weeks?