When is WL 9 coming out?

It’s probably way too late for Feature Requests now, and too early (?) to expect feature confirmation, but could Timo or PG comment on whether anything resembling Source Destination (4 Point) Editing is possible or facilitated in WL9, as used in Pyramix or Sequoia ?

WL users have been able to simulate some of the key functions of S-D editing using tiled Montages…hopefully at least this will still be possible in WL9 ? To my way of thinking, this crucial editing tool would be required before Steinberg is able to permit themselves the title of “Pro” added to the ‘9’ !

It’s Mar. now, but there is still little or no information right now… :frowning:

There is no problem and no delay on the original schedule… just be a bit more patient for the logistics to take place.

PG, feel free to release it on march 15th as my birthday present, lol.

It is officially spring

In meteorology for the Northern hemisphere, spring begins on March 01, 2016. It is also called the beginning of meteorological spring. The meteorological seasons are divided according to the calendar months. Spring months are March, April and May.

Spring is one of the four conventional temperate seasons following winter and preceding summer. Spring is seen as a time of growth, renewal, of new life (both plant and animal) being born. The term is also used more generally as a metaphor for the start of better times, as in the Prague Spring.

Unstable weather may more often occur during spring, when warm air begins on occasions to invade from lower latitudes, while cold air is still pushing on occasions from the Polar regions.(With material from: Wikipedia)

When is Beginning of meteorological spring?
Tuesday, the 1st of March 2016

This text has been taken from www.cute-calendar.com

Where is the beef??? or more correctly where is the announcement of when this will be released? Steinberg said spring…

Well, theoretically true but we are still waiting for winter in Germany.
I don’t know where in France PG lives, but it’s probably the same there.

Well, as you can see there, there are many definitions of the spring’s start…
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring_(season)

Well, anyway, I start to hear birds outside…

:smiley:

My bet’s on March Equinox 2024

i’m still on 8.0. What does 8.5 or a future 9.0 offer me?

If they said spring you could be waiting until mid june, lol.

Based on nature here, spring started around Christmas last year…

Wait? Do we get different release dates in the southern hemisphere?

Hi guys,

WaveLab Pro and Elements 9 will be released on March 15.

All the best,

There ya go. Now we know.

VP

Yay! :slight_smile: I’m psyched!

No WaveLab Artist :frowning:

cant wait until the 15th, just quoting my feature request :slight_smile:

Features?

I would rather see PG channel his energies into making sure the needs of the two existing versions are satisfied rather than further diluting his available cycles worrying about a third.

If you find Elements too basic - might be time to evaluate just how serious you want to be with WL (or not) and buy the Pro version. (or not)

VP

Hi Luis,

Now that we know a firm release date is there a clear grace period date? I recently bought wavelab and have been waiting to register it, using the 30 day demo but it will run out in a couple of days.Thanks for any info,

Mike