When recording audio track, midi is also recorded.

I guess this is something to do with output configuration and routing of the audio signal but I’m too much of a novice to tell.

I’m using a Yamaha MG10XU with the freely available Cubase AI 7 alongside. The mixer is plugged directly via USB into my computer. I can hear audio from my guitar which is plugged into the desk as well as audio which is played both inside and outside of Cubase.

So the problem is when I want to record any audio, the midi is also recorded. So if I was recording guitar then the resulted audio would also include midi (say I had a drum track playing) plus any FX etc which is also on the the audio track. I believe it’s probably related also to the fact that when the monitoring is turned on there is feedback so it has to be turned off.

Obivously when the midi track is muted then there is not a problem, but if you want to record to drums then this does not help. The problem also occures with the in built metronome also.

I’ve had a fiddle around with the monitor settings on the desk, but I’ve not seen this make any difference.

The input, outputs are as follows:

Input
Bus name - Stereo In -
Left - MG-XU-1
Right - MG-XU -2

Output
Bus name - Stereo Out -
Left - MG-XU-1
Right - MG-XU -2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
If any more details are needed then please let me know.
Thanks.

I have a similar problem, did you solve your problem?