when to expect Nuendo 7 ?

Hey Timo,

So has the N7 GUI been fixed as per the above posts?

I agree that this hovering stuff is nonsense. It takes Nuendo backwards in functionality. The fact that you have to do something to see the info that was there before is ridiculous. I can’t see that anyone that uses this software in a working studio would see this an improvement.

[…] Edited by Fredo - Moderator- No need to get into personal insults, and assuming/claiming things you don’t have any information/proof about.
[…]

Are you still using the app? If you are, then how bad could the GUI really be, and why should they care what you say in this forum? I think the GUI is inept and stupid but I don’t use either Nuendo or Cubase for recording new material at all and at this point I have actually stopped buying the upgrades as I don’t want to continue wasting money on products that seem to be designed by people whose idea of “usability” is so radically different from mine. I will eventually have to reinstall Nuendo 4 (which is kinda usable) to get to old projects but I don’t record new stuff with either Nuendo or Cubase.

My dear colleague

If I read you lines right then be advised:
I am with Steinberg products since the days of Cubase 1.x, must be something like late 1980. I still use Nuendo (mainly 5.5.6, though) for music, video or gaming production, but I also looked deeply into Studio One and Harrison Mixbus, which do a good job, too, and show quite a few better ways of doing certain things. If you read my signature below you could have guessed that. I am a member of this forum for a rather long time and even if my opinion might not be valued as most important I say my piece, anytime and unasked for.

Slightly coming of age, I have enough experience in more than just one occupation to judge certain things and I always respect other standpoints and opinions, but can’t be easily talked into any nonsense.
For me, and not me alone, this newish GUI of Nuendo 6 is not as good as its predecessor and new functionalities could have been brought in in a much more agreeable and practical way. Like you see on my avatar pic, this gray in gray lettering, e.g., is only good for the prolonged backbone. Whoever designs something like this didn’t show enough consideration towards keeping a clear distinctive GUI surface.
It is a failure and needs being corrected.

Maybe you should try to see things from various angles you haven’t thought of, yet …
-before penning somewhat presumptuous posts….
:neutral_face:
Big K

I am still using the app (N6.5) because overall it is my favorite, however the hover-over buttons are an annoyance. Why can’t both be true? It is for me.

Dean

woooohoo, breaking news! Hype level 10/10 !!!

http://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandevents/news/newsdetail/article/next-weeks-gdc-shows-nuendo-7-3106.html

“”"Next week we’ll be at the 2015 Game Developers Conference, taking place in San Francisco, CA, and we’ve something big to show you! Be the first to preview the next iteration of Nuendo, our post-production and game audio DAW, with its many new features and workflow enhancements.

You can find us at the Audiokinetic booth no. 836 in the South Hall of the Moscone Center during the expo on March 4-6.

Steinberg’s senior marketing manager, Timo Wildenhain, commented: “We’re extremely excited to begin showcasing Nuendo 7 at this year’s GDC. And I’m sure this will make a big splash at the show.

“Although availability’s scheduled for mid-year, we’ll be demoing the Nuendo highlights at upcoming trade shows and conventions over the next few months, so check back with us on dates and where you’ll be able to get an overview of what’s all in store!”
########
:astonished:

It’s quite a smart move to advertise on GDC, I know some game audio guys who love using Nuendo for game audio production.

It most certainly are, I’m afraid :unamused:

• How about Export Quicktime already? Or i still need to go to PT for every scene the director want to listen to.
  • Any news about the NEK policy? and changes on this subject?

I like your sense of humor.

:mrgreen:

I don’t know, but Quicktime gets the jeb done. No need to get PT for that.

Damn, I´m totally hyped for N7 and jealous a colleague is going to GDC and I can´t :imp:

Timo, any chance for a twitch livestream from GDC? :stuck_out_tongue:

I dont want to go out from Nuendo for exporting anything. not QT not PT.

I guess livestream is unlikely. Steinberg tradiionally spends more money on development than hype. Maybe something on youtube?

Hello,

I’ll try to share some info as “live” as possible. Watch our Facebook and Twitter.
If you plan to come to GDC or if you are in SanFran, make sure to stop by
the booth for a demo & talk.

Cheers,
Timo

Starving for news here- hope someone sneaked in a little camera :mrgreen:

Great youtube announcement video btw

Hmm…not exactly what I would call “live”…

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

I had my little video cam with me. We will need a few days to put together the material for the show review video.

Thanks,
Timo

Back in the day, in another life, I used to do music and sound effects for the Gameboy Advanced platform. It was mostly writing code…I was never really that good at it but I did do a few very well known games.

Nowadays it seems like the mobile phone app market has pretty much taken over.
Will Nuendo7 have any features dedicated to the mobile app market?
Proper import and export of the supported audio formats?
I ask because I’ve been approached by a local company to do some audio for their apps.
I need to do a lot of research though because I have been out of that game for quite a while.

So any info on features for sound design in the mobile app world?

Thanks.

So back to the original posters question…got back from NAB last week, they’re hoping for July.