Where are the Cubase plugins in Spectralayer 8

Hi All,

I have Cubase 11 Pro. I Just installed SpectraLayers 8. If I run SL8 in standalone mode and go to the menu ‘Process’ and then select VST3 effects it will see all my plugins (e.g., from Waves etc) but it only sees the Virtual Instruments from Steinberg (Halion, Padshop, etc) but not the effect/processing plugins. What am I overlooking?
Antoine

The Cubase plugins can only be used within Cubase, it’s not standard VSTs that any application can use.

In Wavelab I can also use the Cubase plugins… It’s all steinberg…
a

I’ve got a DAW that uses specialized VST plugs that won’t show up in SL7. It’s just because of the way the DAW is designed.

In Wavelab what you see are the special Wavelab plugins bundle. Which SpectraLayers can’t access as well.
If you check your VST folder, you’ll see that neither Cubase or Wavelab plugins are located there. They are directly located within Cubase and Wavelab folders.

On Windows, Wavelab private plugins are located in C:\Program Files\Steinberg\WaveLab Pro 10.0\System\Plugins\Wavelab Plug-in Set.vst3, and Cubase private plugins are located in C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 11\VST3\Cubase Plug-in Set.vst3.
On macOS they are similarly located within each application bundle.

Thanks all. Clear.
A