Where do I place these folders?

Hi,

This probably is a dumb question, but here it goes anyway: Yesterday, I downloaded the “HSO Templates for Cubase.zip” and after I decompressed the .zip file, I found three folders: one Audio folder(empty), one Expression maps folder with several instruments .expressionmaps and finally one Track Presets folder with a similar number of instruments .trackpresets. There were also two templates: one HSO Orchestra.cpr and one HSO String Orchestra.cpr and last, a .DS_Store file.

Please take a look at the attached .jpg

Now the question is where do I have to place the Expression maps folder and the Track Presets folder?
I already looked in my PC for xxx.expressionmap and xxx.trackpreset similar files, but to no avail.

Thank you guys

BTW I have three disks for Cubase:
1.- One with the OS and all the programs
2.- another for the VST Instruments libray …and
3.- The last one for Audio and Cubase projects

So, did you ever get a reply to your question? I’m looking for the same answer. I have no idea where the HSO Templates are supposed to be installed. I have found nothing in any documentation anywhere. It’s an exercise in frustration.

No, not a single soul replied !

Hi,

For the instrument track presets: create a folder (or any sub-folder of an already present one) in:

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Track Presets\Instrument

Give it any name you like and store your track presets there.(You might need to rescan your track presets folder in the media bay.)

As for expression maps, It doesn’t really matter where you put them . Any location will do.

By the way, your track presets might already contain expression maps integrated into them. Open any track preset and check. If not, you can always click in the expression map slot of the track inspector and import keyswitches - it’s a vst 3.5 instrument after all. On the other hand, the expression maps you got might have been set up in a more complex way, which you can check by assigning them to the track and examining them. If that’s the case, just re-save the track presets with new expression maps and that’s it. You can even delete the expression maps from where you initially put them as they are contained in the track preset from now on.

Thanks a lot el-russo,

I was not sure if my original questions were of the “stupid” kind and that it was the reason for nobody replying, but now I realize that the instructions are needed in fact and that they should appear on the site next to the download files.

Greetings from Mexico and thanks again!

Enrique Diazruanova

Hi. Let’s never worry about our questions being stupid :smiley:.
By the way, this may be useful for the future reference:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/knowledgebase_new/show_details/kb_show/cubase-and-nuendo-program-preferences-files-in-detail/kb_back/2025.html?tx_p77sbknowledgebase_pi1